Farmer’s Market

by Cate on June 26, 2005

Went to the Farmer’s Market and picked up some great produce and colorful flowers, all at a fraction of what the items would cost elsewhere, and the fact that I’m supporting local farmers is a definite plus. No pictures — sorry. Computer is being worked on right now, so hopefully will be back up tonight. In the meantime, just close your eyes and use your imagination. I got 4 basil plants, a bunch of lavender for my mom, zinnias, fresh dill, herbed olives, peasant bread and the juiciest tomatoes I’ve ever seen. The car smelled amazing on the way home.

Sutter Home is sponsoring a Build a Better Burger Contest, and I’m planning on entering. With Sundays designated as “Grilling Day,” I’ll have plenty of time to perfect my recipe. A few other bloggers are entering, so competition will be fierce. No details on my entry — shhh, top secret.

Hopefully, I’ll post more later tonight, in the meantime, Happy 1st Anniversary to my sister and brother-in-law! Enjoy your special day … hard to believe it’s been a year already since we were all enjoying wedding festivities in Maine.

Sadaf Trimarchi June 26, 2005 at 10:02 pm

hi! I just moved to nj, and wondered whether the farmer’s market was nearby. I’m in Bergen co.

thanks

Cate June 26, 2005 at 10:34 pm

Hi Sadaf, welcome to the Garden State! The one I went to is in Morristown (about a 30 minute drive for you, depending on where in Bergen County you live). You might want to check out this link: http://www.state.nj.us/jerseyfresh/searches/urban.htm, where you can search for farmer’s markets, roadside stands, etc. by county. If you’re anywhere near Clifton, make sure to check out Corrado’s Family Affair. The place is quite bustling on the weekends, but they have a great selection of produce, olive oils, cheeses, olives, etc. Not a farmer’s market, it’s a grocery store, but well worth a stop. Hope this helps!

Sadaf Trimarchi June 27, 2005 at 3:04 am

Thanks!

Jennifer June 27, 2005 at 6:56 pm

Competition! I’m not sure Sutter Home is ready for all our entries. Good luck!

Cate June 27, 2005 at 8:12 pm

Jennifer – wouldn’t it be fine if the bloggers took all the final positions?

Rob Lock April 16, 2009 at 1:50 pm

The fairway in paramus is pretty close to a farmers market. They are open all the time.