Happy Birthday to The Neighbor!

by Cate on January 27, 2006

Happy Birthday – hope it’s a wonderful one!

(Regular post follows below)

Stephanie January 27, 2006 at 6:47 am

Hey; isn’t that the ‘controversial’ Gourmet coer cake?

Personally, I liked it.

Cate January 27, 2006 at 1:38 pm

Yup, but not being a big cook, she won’t know. Shh, don’t tell her. ;)

Anonymous January 27, 2006 at 4:03 pm

Someone has to fill me in on the cake. I like it. Let me guess, Is it a Sandra Lee cake?

Thanks sweetnicks for the Birthday wishes.

Cate January 27, 2006 at 4:18 pm

LOL, no, not a Sandra Lee. It appeared on the cover of a Gourmet magazine issue (last year? the year before?) and there was a HUGE uproar from the readership that basically it wasn’t “gourmet” enough for their cover. I thought it was cute and fun, and a big silly debacle about nothing … actually spawning several months of letters to the editor, etc.

Typical INgredients January 27, 2006 at 4:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by in my blog!

You’re cake’s looks delicious can I have a piece of cup cake? Well, it’s not my birthday but I just want to try it – looks really delicious, is this pre-homemade cake or you did it yourself-I wish I could do the same thing…

Thanks for sharing!

Tin

MM January 27, 2006 at 5:36 pm

What rubbish! I love the cake. It’s so whimsical and adorable looking. If the cake was listed as having champagne truffles filling with a Frangelico and Amaretto infused marzipan frosting and gold leaves inflected dark chocolate cake underneath it, no one would make a fuss. People just really need to get over themselves. And stop judging a Gourmet magazine by its cover.

Love the cake, Sweetnicks!

Sadaf Trimarchi January 28, 2006 at 2:24 am

ohmigod, I LOVE the cake. My first thought on seeing it was that you had made it. Of course, I can picture you being able to do this. But darn, where was this picture when I was trying to find a birthday cake for my son?

This is too cute!

Cupcake Queen January 28, 2006 at 3:29 am

WOW! That cake is awesome! I can’t imagine making something like this. You did a beautiful job!

WhiteTrashBBQ January 28, 2006 at 4:01 am

Happy Birthday Neighbor!

Cate January 28, 2006 at 5:26 am

Just to clarify, I didn’t make this cake (but thanks for the vote of confidence!). :)

Anonymous January 28, 2006 at 3:19 pm

Robert-Thanks for the Birthday wishes. We had a nice quiet dinner thanks to Sweetnick’s.

The Neighor