I’ll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours #1

by Cate on May 27, 2006

You can tell a lot about a woman by what she carries in her purse. Is she ready for anything, or is it one jumbled sticky mess? Same thing holds true about peering into a guy’s wallet. And someone’s car? Forget about it! You can instantly tell if there are kids in the family, for sure, if they’re a gym fanatic and more interesting details.

The same holds true for your refrigerator. What kind of goodies are in store if we peered into your refrigerator? Lots of bottles and jars of exotic ingredients> Heaps of fresh, organic produce? Is that a jar of Cheez Whiz you’re hiding in the back next to the can of Redi-Whip? Got Black Olive Kalamata Spread, Frank’s Hot Sauce or 13 different mustards? Anything unrecognizable or embarassing?

Take a picture of your opened fridge and post it on your blog. E-mail me the permalink by next Friday and I’ll feature it in a roundup. In your post, tell me what three things you have in your refrigerator at all times and what you never have in there. Have fun with it!

If you don’t have a blog, but want to participate, just send me the picture and your write-up, and I’ll include it.

What’s in YOUR fridge? I can’t wait to see.

Until tomorrow…

A year ago today … date night and decorating.

purplecupcake May 27, 2006 at 1:51 pm

Your keeping really busy, huh? I’m up to it, let me do a little cleaning first…lol
Hey, I got your email..I got feedback from a former local consultant who lives in Virginia…Thanks

Sam May 27, 2006 at 5:06 pm

that’s funny – about two years ago I started a blog called ‘Fridge on Fridays’ where I was going to photograph my fridge every friday (the day before I went shopping). The fridge was always a sorry sight on fridays so then I used to link to another food blog that showed something much more delicious than what was in my fridge. But I couldn’t keep it up so I deleted the blog.

Anonymous May 27, 2006 at 11:49 pm

I love this idea – can’t wait to see the round-up!
– Ellie (Kitchen Wench)

Ruth May 28, 2006 at 12:17 am

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed reading your blog. I am re-learning how to cook now that I am in a wheelchair and have hand impairment and am seeking easy recipes for what I can so far use – George Foreman grill and a microwave. I always loved to cook before my accident and want to explore what I can do now. Thanks for all the tips on here!

My blog is at:

Nerissa May 28, 2006 at 5:10 pm

hmmmmm…. I’m game for it but I’m late!! Dang fried wireless!

Nerissa May 28, 2006 at 5:11 pm

oh.. forget I said that. I’m not awake apparently. I’m still game LOL

Catesa May 28, 2006 at 7:04 pm

what a great idea! i LOVE looking inside peoples fridges…im so up for this one :D

Cate May 29, 2006 at 3:09 pm

PurpleCupcake – no problem, happy to help if I can. Just got my starter box last week — all sorts of fun goodies!

Sam – sorry that I missed that, it sounds like it was fun! :) Hope to see you in the roundup.

Ellie – I love peeking in everyone’s kitchen — looking forward to the roundup.

Ruth – thanks for dropping by. I’m all about the easy recipes. :)

Nerissa – no excuses now – you’ve got plenty of time. :)

Catesa – thanks for joining in the fun. :o)

Gabriella True May 30, 2006 at 6:22 am

okay. I am in. I will do it tomorrow. you are a nut! I love it.

doodles May 31, 2006 at 12:20 pm

a permalink to my blog with a pic of my frig………now I need some of that ‘better than sex cake’

thanks for a great blog………..

Lea May 31, 2006 at 8:38 pm

EXCELLENT!

I am so taking a pic tonight!

I find guilty pleasure in looking at what other people buy at the grocery store…. and peeking in fridges…

Anna June 2, 2006 at 6:07 am

Great minds think alike. Unfortunately I only discovered your group activity today and so I’m too late. A week or so ago I wrote a list of all the things in my fridge so since I missed the deadline this week here’s a link to my old post: http://morselsandmusings.blogspot.com/2006/05/fridge-contents-from-thu-18-may-06.html

Pamela June 2, 2006 at 7:51 am

Great event idea!!

Crystal & Ryan - Café Cyan June 2, 2006 at 4:19 pm

I love this idea! We won’t be able to make the deadline of today, but we might just post pics anyway after we go to the grocery store.

Take care!

Crystal

Ulrike aka ostwestwind June 2, 2006 at 4:46 pm

Ok, here’s my fridge

Gabriella True June 2, 2006 at 7:47 pm

hi. I am not sure this lady emailed you that she put up her picture. She just dropped a note in my messages. I put a message in her comments to let her know too but just thought I would come by and let you know myself. lol

Cascabel June 3, 2006 at 3:15 pm

I know I’m a little bit late – but here you can see my fridge.