ARF/5-A-Day #23

by Cate on June 7, 2006

Another Tuesday, and another ARF/5-A-Day roundup is here. Nicholas and I were on our own tonight with The Husband working late, and we started dinner with a drink (non-alcoholic, thank you very much) that’s perfect for today. Called the Pom Pom, when I saw this recipe in the May issue of InStyle magazine, I knew it would make an appearance here. A little too tart for my taste, the ingredients certainly have your ARF bases covered.
The Pom-Pom (serves 4)
3 cups chilled unsweetened cranberry juice
3/4 cup chilled pomegranate juice
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
6 packets of no-calorie sweetener
3 cups chilled club soda

In large pitcher, combine cranberry juice, pomegranate juice and lime juice. Stir in sweetener until dissolved. Add club soda and pour into glasses.

First up this week is a deliciously creamy, veggie-laden Whole Wheat Penne with Creamy Basil & Veggie Sauce from Cooking Medley:

Just the mention of Gorgonzola, and I am so there. Albion Cooks’ contribution of Farfalle with Green Beans and Gorgonzola sounds divine!

Anthony’s Kitchen shares a new-to-me recipe with his Zhunka dish:

Hey, was this a Gorgonzola-theme that I didn’t know about? Kalyn’s Crunchy Chopped Salad with Gorgonzola looks deliciously refreshing for Summer heat:

Although she has a to-do list a mile long, Food, In the Main squeezes in time to make a healthy sweet treat with her Orange-Carrot Cake:

Meeta from What’s for Lunch, Honey? whipped up a Super Veg Sandwich inspired by her recent travels to San Francisco, “the world’s best city ever!”

Our resident Veggie Evangelist checks in with a beautifully colorful Green Bean and Radish Salad:

Foo Foos? Yep, Blog Appetite has them and you can find out all about them in her entry of Callalo Soup. Go check it out.

Gabriella shares her better-than-the-restaurants’-version of Chef’s Special Salad with Cranberries and Pecans:

And last, but not least, we’re ending with another recipe perfect for the Summer with Manpasand’s Grilled Corn – Indian Style

Kalyn June 7, 2006 at 2:47 am

Lots of yummy looking stuff as usual.

Claire June 7, 2006 at 3:00 am

oh, I meant to submit a recipe! Oops, I guess I’ll just wait until next week. BTW, how does this permalink thing work; I’m not website savy!

Cate June 7, 2006 at 3:05 am

IK totally agree, Kalyn!

Claire – would love to have you join in. On the very bottom of your post, if you look at the posts’ time, it’s a link. Click on that, and that URL will be the perma link (permanent link) for that particular entry.

Meeta June 7, 2006 at 5:42 am

Cate,
Great roud-up and so many scrumptious recipes to try. I too just love gorgonzola and today’s round-up has a few to try.

FJK June 7, 2006 at 6:24 am

Try this Pom drink for a less tart (and less healthy) kick

The Black Cat

Put ice in tall glass
1 part Pom (or other pomegranate juice)(use more if you like tarter)
3 parts Coke or Diet Coke

Meow

mooncrazy June 7, 2006 at 2:32 pm

I too am a gorgonzola fan but have you tried Cambazola? I get it at Trader Joe’s and it’s a wonder mix of brie and gorgonzola. Very easy to spread on almost anything, and I have.

Megan June 7, 2006 at 5:40 pm

These recipes sound great! I keep meaning to participate – there’s always next week, I guess! I enjoy your blog and recipes and I love the round-ups! Thanks!

doodles June 7, 2006 at 11:41 pm

cate…..I love POM and I agree tart, tart, tart but I mix it with La Croix water which is a sparkling water no sodium. I do 50 – 50.
About gorgonzola………I will find any excuse to use that cheese. And I wish that Trader Joe’s were everywhere BUT they aren’t.