RIP – My Fare Blender

by Cate on June 27, 2006

Oh the fun times that we have had,
But now you have left me so very sad.
It was barely two years that I knew thee
Wasn’t there a future that you could see?
You helped me with Mudslides, oh so yummy,
And Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris, delicious in my tummy.
And now that I mention it, I’m sensing a theme,
Strawberries here and strawberries there, what does it all mean?
The filling Chilled Strawberry Soup in a bowl,
Destined to give your tastebuds a roll.
Those Strawberry Coladas we adored from the ship,
You helped us relive those memories – let ‘er rip!
And then there’s the savory, let’s not forget,
I remember Cold Zucchini Soup, those veggies you met.
And Nicholas’ favorite, the Banana Smoothie,
He loves his fruit, that’s oh so groovy.
And then our newest drink of all,
Frozen Lemonade – it’s our Summer Drink, we call.
Oh it has been a very nice ride along the way,
But I guess you leave me no choice but to say,
Your time is done, the end is here,
The newest blender is bringing up the rear.
I have nothing but fond memories as I bid you adieu,
It’s been fun, it’s been real, I’ve loved knowing you.

Claire June 27, 2006 at 1:59 am

I got the pastry roller thing today in the mail! I’ve already used it and it is GREAT! Thanks!

Alanna June 27, 2006 at 2:14 am

Too cute! And shame on Cuisinart for the passing of a TWO YEAR old blender! Even if it DID get a darned good workout at YOUR house!

Seth Chadwick June 27, 2006 at 6:39 am

Ah, the passing of a cherished appliance. I just about committed ritual suicide when my Kitchen-Aide Mixer bought the farm.

I almost felt like I should have given it a funeral service and burial.

Anu June 27, 2006 at 1:41 pm

Lol, That was such a cute farewell speech to a dear member of your kitchen…

mooncrazy June 27, 2006 at 3:20 pm

Any suggestions for a new blender? Mine is on it’s last, blade.

JoAnna June 27, 2006 at 5:51 pm

wow, there must be something in the air. my blender just died too!

good thing I’ve got those two spare blenders I keep for catering jobs. One of them is getting a ‘promotion’ to the house.

Madeline June 27, 2006 at 6:43 pm

I am on my third Foreman Grill, if it makes you feel any better. But, like your blender, I worked it to death.

Cate June 28, 2006 at 1:33 am

Claire – wow, that was fast! Glad to hear it’s getting good use. Enjoy. :)

Alanna – I thought two years was a shame too, until I got the new one and saw that it only came with a three-year warranty. You’d think they’d be thinking a little more positively, no?

Seth – Amen to that.

Anu – thanks for dropping by!

Mooncrazy – I bought the one in the picture. It’s slightly more powerful than its predecessor, but so far, so good.

Joanna – long time, no see! That’s what I need! Backup blenders! ;)

Madeline – yikes! At least you’re getting your $$’s worth. ;) It’s all those Ray Ray burgers. :o)

JoAnna June 28, 2006 at 6:02 pm

I’m here all the time, I just don’t usually have anything useful to say. The fact that I own three blenders, two stick blenders, two food processors and two hand mixers is at least…. interesting… if not actually useful.

:-)

juliebean June 29, 2006 at 3:26 am

It’s always sad when our beloved kitchen friends pass…My condolences…