Calling All Menus…

by Cate on April 14, 2007

OK folks, ‘fess up. What’s due to hit your table this weekend?

Tomorrow, for our weekly get-together with The Neighbors, I’ve decided on a Mexican Dip and new recipes for Paella, Veggie-Cheese Paninis and Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Bars. I hear The Neighbor Husband is making Stuffed Jalapenos, but not sure what else yet.

So, c’mon, what’s cookin‘? I’m all ears.

Snarkmeister April 14, 2007 at 7:02 am

It’s supposed to be chilly and rainy tomorrow, so that means soup! French onion soup, which I have been craving…

Not sure what’s on the menu yet for Sunday, I’m kind of a “fly by the seat of my pants” sort of girl. But I do have the makings for a lovely spinach salad with mushrooms and gorgonzola, maybe some sliced apple and pepper bacon thrown in too.

girlville April 14, 2007 at 12:58 pm

hello…long time lurker here!

saturday i’m going to try to come up with a new cheese/dip with cabot’s hot habenero cheese…along with homemade mac and cheese and some type of wings.

sunday i’m going to make banana bread to freeze and chicken quesadillas for dinner.

looking forward to your mexican dip recipe!

Claire April 14, 2007 at 3:54 pm

My plans are quite boring…STUDY! I have tests for the next two weeks…ick. So, nothing fun for me except going to a local Greek restaurant for lunch with my dad today.

Anonymous April 14, 2007 at 4:22 pm

Girlville,

Your Saturday menu sounds great. Please post your dip recipe if you think your on to something :)

PS. I don’t know what cabot’s hot habenero cheese is but it sounds good.

The neighbor husband

Betty C. April 14, 2007 at 5:49 pm

We’re having friends over tomorrow evening. I’m planning some sort of mushroom salad with yoghurt sauce and cilantro for the starter, fish baked over tiny chopped vegetables as the main course, and delicious local French strawberries for dessert. All very light and springy!

Lisa in NY April 14, 2007 at 9:03 pm

Actually I am getting ready to make the No Peek Casserole! I will serve it over egg noodles & with some sort of veggie on the side…maybe zucchini or a salad? I do have a question if anyone reads this in the next few minutes…Does anyone know what size can of mushrooms??
Enjoy your dinners all :)

Cate April 14, 2007 at 9:06 pm

Lisa in NY — mmmm, love that one. Last time I made it, I used two small cans (6 oz?).

Snarkmeister – I’m with you on the “fly by the seat of my pants.” Only time I really plan ahead is when company’s coming. ;)

Girlville – glad to have you delurk! I’m with The Neighbor Husband – report back on the dip. :) Sounds delish. ‘Course the homemade mac and cheese sounds pretty good too!

Claire – Greek restaurant? Boring? I think not!

The Neighbor Husband – but what are you making BESIDES the Stuffed Jalapenos?

Betty – the dessert sounds fab. Almost picked up strawberries today, but Nicholas discovered pears, so first those. :)

Jason April 15, 2007 at 3:16 am

I’m focused on breakfast this weekend… French toast with rhubarb this morning, and maybe some pancake-like-thing tomorrow.

I don’t know why, but I haven’t been very motivated this week when dinner time has come around. Somehow minimalism still worked out to have a slightly luxurious feel, though.

It’s 8 pm and I haven’t decided what to make for dinner. I drank a small glass of not very remarkable port… I think I’ll kick off the rice cooker and see what happens. Tomorrow I need to do something with some fiddlehead fern fronds.

By the way, thanks for visiting earlier.

girlville April 16, 2007 at 1:44 am

cate, please tell ‘the neighbor husband’ that i posted the recipe for the hot habanero cheese dip/spread on my blog. thanks!

Ninabeans April 27, 2007 at 6:34 pm

Tonight, I’m going to a potluck, so I’m hitting two birds with one stone by using it as an opportunity to test out a recipe for an upcoming cocktail party. (no crossover of guests, thank goodness!)

Moroccan Spinach and Red Lentil Pancakes with Cumin Date Sauce: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2004/12/01/FDGF5A0J1R1.DTL#app4

This weekend is a busy one, so I won’t have much time for cooking. I am however, hoping to get to the farmers market to get some ramps!