Channeling Her Inner Madonna

by Cate on May 5, 2009

Cuteness

Some days, oh the cuteness, I just can’t stand it!  But that mop of hair!  As soon as I try to put a hair clip, headband or any other accessory in it, she rips it right out.

We’re all going off to get haircuts this week and for my own, I am struggling with the age-old bangs or no bangs debate.  Or maybe getting it all chopped off.  I just might have enough to even donate to Locks of Love.  Decisions, decisions.  Just need to remind myself that it’s just hair and it will grow back, right?  Right?

Claire May 5, 2009 at 10:12 pm

If you don’t have QUITE enough to donate to LOL, the Panteen Beautiful Lengths program only requires 8 inches instead of 10. That’s what I did when I donated! You know…I don’t think many babies enjoy things near their face. I got my friend’s baby some sunglasses and he just fidgets until he pushes them off!

Claires last blog post..In Remembrance

maris May 5, 2009 at 10:23 pm

SO cute! And wow, I didn’t picture you with such long hair! When I was a kid I hated anything in my hair, my eyes, my face. I had a huge cowlick in the back of my hair and I was always so frustrated because it stuck up!

I love her little tights!

mariss last blog post..Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes A Day: The Only Thing You Need to Bake Bread

Sarah Caron May 5, 2009 at 10:50 pm

That is just too cute for words. She is absolutely adorable, cute, lovely, pretty, every good thing you can think of … what a sweet girl.

And Paige rips the hairclips out too. What is it with these girls?

Sarah Carons last blog post..Chipotle Chicken Chili

Magda May 5, 2009 at 11:31 pm

YES YES!! DO IT!! Then get a really good styled, FUNKY haircut and color…highlights!! It is amazing what a brand new do can do for our souls!!

Kris #40 May 6, 2009 at 8:02 am

Love her cutie pie outfit!

Patsy May 6, 2009 at 8:59 am

So adorable! As for the cut-it-off question… done it many times myself… and it is just hair and will grow back! I get bored every so often and go in and say cut it off! Then, I get bored with that and grow it out again… it’s a never ending cycle with me! I can’t decide right now if I’m growing mine out or gonna just go in and cut it short again!

Patsys last blog post..Cooking Light "Fried" Panko Chicken Tenders & Cajun Creole Dipping Sauce

Cathy May 6, 2009 at 9:04 am

I hated having long hair when I was really little…I wanted to be like the boy cousins who had hair that did NOT get in the way while we played. I’m 34…I still have super short hair ;)

Cathys last blog post..They’re here!!!

Amanda Nicole May 6, 2009 at 10:01 am

It must be the time of year – renewal and such – but I am seriously considering taking drastic measures with my hair. We need to shake things up once in a while, I think!

Amanda Nicoles last blog post..pink on grey

Sara May 6, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Her hair is getting so long! I have never done anything drastic to my hair, what can I say, I’m not one for change in that regard :)

Saras last blog post..Fresh chickpeas and wax beans with baby artichokes

Cate O'Malley May 6, 2009 at 5:11 pm

Claire – oh good to know, thanks! But that’s the thing … barrettes would keep her hair out of her eyes – it should be a good thing. Funny thing is when she rips them out, she gives them back to me to put them back in. Crazy monkey.

Sara – I totally hear you. I’m big on skipping change too. :)

Amanda – sometimes it’s definitely good to shake things up a bit … slowly … baby steps. ;)

Cathy – oh that’s too funny! Certainly low maintenance, and my hair is usually up anyway, so I’m always thinking “what’s the point of having it long?”, you know?

Patsy – it’s just so hard to know what to do!

Kris – she loved the tights. I kept catching her stroking her legs during the day. Of course the color white might not have been such a bright idea…

Magda – so easy for you to say! I think it’s actually longer than when I got married. I was thinking this > (cut, not color) hairstyle

Sarah – they’re crazy, in the very best possible way. :)

Maris – it’s funny how we can totally picture someone a certain way, isn’t it? The last time I grew it out this long was when I got married, because I wanted it up in big thick curls. Then after we got back from the honeymoon, I chopped it all off. Think it’s longer now, but with Madeline always trying to put her fingers in it, I usually have it up in a ponytail or lazy bun.

Dazzle May 6, 2009 at 9:49 pm

Hi there, just wanted to say “hello” and thank you for stopping by (added you to the blog roll as wellI “wink”!

Dazzles last blog post..Ugcute! Ugly Cute

Chefdruck May 7, 2009 at 12:00 am

What a great cause. I’ve never had hair long enough to donate, but I applaud your generosity. I thought a lot about Locks of Love when my mother got her wig last year. It made her feel so much better to be well coiffed, even when feeling so lousy.

Chefdrucks last blog post..Making Change

hair accessories May 19, 2009 at 12:14 am

Donating your hair is a great idea, one way to help others. Yeah! It’s only a hair, and soon it will grow back but don’t forget that our hair is our crowning glory and considered as one of the biggest beauty asset of a woman.Don’t forget to choose a hairstyle that will look good on you and use hair accessories for you to be look more beautiful. :)