Wordless Wednesday

by Cate on May 20, 2009

Monkeypants
I think this is actually the first picture I’ve seen of Madeline where her blond streak shows up clearly.  Love this picture.  Only problem?

Monkeypants on the move
The monkey isn’t standing on the ground. A few weeks ago, she learned how to open up the screen door that leads out to the deck. So forget about having fresh air with the screen door nice and open while she’s around. It ain’t happening. Now when she opens it, she rushes out to the deck railing and climbs up. So far, it’s only one rung, but darn it if this little monkey isn’t fearless. Sometimes she’ll stick her little legs through the opening above the bottom rung and sit down on the rung.

She now will hold my hand as she walks up steps, instead of crawling, and is forever trying to fish around in the garbage can, climb in the dishwasher and basically be right in the middle of wherever she wants to be.

Nick, for all his own little quirks when he was a toddler, was never like this. This one truly embodies every letter of the word imp. Gotta love her.

Tyanne May 20, 2009 at 8:03 pm

She is so adorable!!

Claire May 20, 2009 at 10:54 pm

Wow….you are going to have to keep you eye on that one! She may need to take gymnastics if her monkey-like tendencies continue! :-)

Claires last blog post..Changing Seasons

Cathy May 20, 2009 at 11:01 pm

That’s adorable! My little brother was a climber. Mom once found him napping on the top shelf of a floor to ceiling bookcase.

Cathys last blog post..If you have time to remember to marinade….

J May 21, 2009 at 9:33 am

My little brother was a climber. My parents once found him stacking any and everthing in order to climb up to reach the cookie cabinet.

Sarah Caron May 21, 2009 at 9:48 am

She is adorable.

Isn’t it amazing how different one child can be from the next?

Sarah Carons last blog post..Will’s Eye View

Amanda Nicole May 21, 2009 at 11:41 am

As a once-monkey myself (somehow I’ve carried the nickname with me to this day), I can safely predict this one will be a fearless girl. Which means, she’ll get her hands dirty trying to figure what it is she wants in this world, she’ll fall on her face a few times, and she’ll always get back up and try again. Monkeys are very resilient, and often end up quite happy :)

Amanda Nicoles last blog post..a springtime message

Cate May 21, 2009 at 10:09 pm

Tyanne – thanks!

Amanda Nicole – love your take on it, and it totally describes her personality to a T. She is absolutely fearless and I hope that is a quality she retains as she grows older, in addition to her nickname of Monkey. :)

Sarah – it never ceases to amaze me. For every likeness the two of them share, there are just as many differences.

J – it’s all about the priorities. :)

Cathy – yikes! He must have kept your mom on her toes.

Claire – definitely! She stands and climbs on anything and everything she can. She’s a crazy one. :)

Elyse May 22, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Madeline is quite the adventuress!! She’s so precious, as is her little blonde streak.

Elyses last blog post..Glorious, glorious pound cake…

pamela May 22, 2009 at 9:58 pm

I think it’s always the second ones who really give us a run for our money. My 2nd taught my 1st how to climb over the couch…he was only 18 months and my oldest was 3! Too funny.

pamelas last blog post..CEiMB–Thai Style Halibut with Coconut Curry Broth

Laura May 28, 2009 at 12:32 pm

She is too cute….great pic.

Lauras last blog post..Wordless Wednesday