Family Resemblance

by Cate on July 14, 2009

Every time I look at Madeline, I see a little glimpse of me in her face.  With Nick, I think the only thing he got from me was my eye color and dimples.  With Madeline, I think there might be the teensiest bit more resemblance.  The past couple of times that we’ve hung out with my parents, my Mom has looked at Madeline and said that it’s like looking at me when I was a kid.  There’s hope!

I recently came across a picture of my sister when she was Madeline’s age, and then I went digging to find one of myself at the same age.

My sister:

scan0003

Me:

scan0002

And, of course, Miss Madeline:
Miss M-2

P.S. Happy Birthday, Mom!

Sarah Caron July 14, 2009 at 10:11 pm

WOW! She looks just like you. What a lucky girl, she has a beautiful mommy to get some wonderful genes from.

The Sister In-Law July 14, 2009 at 10:24 pm

Yep – Maddie is all you!

SIL

Claire July 14, 2009 at 11:24 pm

Um…that child is the spitting image of you! How much fun is that?!

Starnesfam July 15, 2009 at 12:17 am

If I were glancing, I would think these are all the same child! Great pictures.

Joanne July 15, 2009 at 8:05 am

I can DEFINITELY see the resemblance. You are both adorable!

The Neighbor (Wife) July 15, 2009 at 8:42 am

That’s crazy. I was just saying this weekend that Maddie looks like you.

Ramona July 15, 2009 at 8:49 am

Yes, definately looks like you.

Tyanne July 15, 2009 at 9:24 am

Wow, all the pictures looked like the same little girl. She is so cute, definitely looks like you.

FireMom July 15, 2009 at 11:07 am

Cute!

My older son is me, 100%. Eye shape, color, facial features, cheekbones, twinkle. His hair is lighter but mine was at that age as well.

My younger son is 100% my husband. It’s as if he got none of my genes. My husband’s eye shape, color, his longer face, his nose.

For further proof that our genes didn’t go to one child or the other, my older son’s personality is 100% mine (driven, stubborn, loud) while my younger son is 100% like his dad (quieter, not afraid to take risks/climb, laid back). It’s weird! Lovely but weird. Genes sure are interesting!

Patsy July 15, 2009 at 12:38 pm

She does look like you! Isn’t it fun to be able to look at your kids and see a bit of yourself?

Jess July 15, 2009 at 1:24 pm

She’s your mini me! My oldest one and I hear that a lot.

Cate July 15, 2009 at 10:36 pm

Sarah – aww, you are too sweet.

SIL – yay! Now Nick, on the other hand, is 95% your brother. When I see pictures of them both at this age … crazy identical.

Jess – lol, I’m not sure having a mini me is a good thing or not. ;)

Patsy – totally!

FireMom – I definitely find genes interesting. I think Nick is more like The Husband, quiet and reserved (as much as a six year old can be!), slow to warm up, but talkative in his comfort level. Madeline? She’s my wild card, on more ways than one!

Starnesfam and Joanne – thanks!

Ramona – :)

The Neighbor Wife – crazy little monkey.

Claire – totally fun indeed!

Kalyn July 16, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Very fun, and yes she looks just like you!

mary August 3, 2010 at 3:09 pm

I just stumbled across your blog. What a cute post! I love the pictures. There is a show called The Generations Project that has a photo contest for family look-a-like pictures on their website. You should check it out. http://www.byutv.org/thegenerationsproject/app.aspx