Not So Wordless Wednesday

by Cate on September 23, 2009

There are parts of Kate Gosselin’s life that I can relate to.  Unfortunately, it’s not the $75k-per-episode part of her life.  A few weeks back, she was talking about how things were different being a single mom, and she said that she was going to have to learn how to do some things herself now that Jon was gone.  She didn’t want her lack of knowledge in a particular area to hold her back.  Her example at the time was going camping and grilling.  Two things that Jon usually handled.  I can totally relate.

Six weeks ago, I bought this stroller for Madeline.  It has sat in the box on my porch, unopened, since then for two reasons.

The first reason.  Every stroller we have ever had for either of the kids, The Husband put together.  I never had to do a thing.  This one sat in the box taunting me.  I knew I could totally put it together.  It was just mind over matter.

The second reason?  This picture tells it all.

Stroller Help

Oh. You don’t see it? Maybe this one will help.

Stroller Help Part 2

And if you still can’t see it. This one is bound to do it.

Stroller Help Part 3

My little helper.

Say Cheese

As soon as she saw what I was up to, and that it was something for her, it was all she could do to stay off it.  I knew once I opened the box and she spied what I was up to, it would take me twice as long to put the stroller together.

But the stroller now?  Completely put together, fully functioning, by me.  I’m quite proud of myself actually.  The next step is to conquer the grill.  After a mini lesson last weekend, I am confident I’m up for the challenge.

Starnesfam September 23, 2009 at 11:44 pm

I had a healthy dose of this when we relocated from Denver to Kansas City. 7 months of selling a house, raising 3 kids and keeping day-to-day life going with school, church, friends, family, LIFE, etc. My biggest challenge? Putting the super fancy double stroller together I bought. I nearly have panic attacks over this stuff. Proud of you!

Joanne September 24, 2009 at 6:12 am

One step at a time. Go you, Cate!

Kris #40 September 24, 2009 at 7:59 am

You go girl! Love Miss Madeline peeking out!

I am the put together girl in our house. My husband has no patience to read directions that come with things.

Patsy September 24, 2009 at 9:45 am

Good for you! There are some things that I try to do just so I can say I did it, even with my husband around. Strollers are a major pain to put together, so I’m quite impressed by you (and with a helper to boot!).

Sarah Caron September 24, 2009 at 10:00 am

So cute! You can do anything you set your mind to!

Ramona September 24, 2009 at 12:24 pm

I put things together a lot better than my ex-husband. Good job.

Ramona

chris September 24, 2009 at 1:52 pm

VERY proud of you.

Karen September 24, 2009 at 4:56 pm

You go girl!!!! Our limitations are mostly in the mind.

Josie September 24, 2009 at 10:53 pm

Way to go :) I learned to grill after my brother made fun of me for stinking up hamburgers so bad they were inedible. I decided I was going to prove him wrong – and I have!

Cate September 25, 2009 at 9:42 am

Josie – all you need is something you can’t do something, right? :)

Karen – you are very right, totally mind over matter.

Chris – mwah! Baking this weekend, care package going out Monday. :)

Ramona – I totally believe it. Thanks!

Sarah – :)

Patsy – you’d think they could just fold them down and ship them assembled, right? Or at least offer a fully-assembled option! ;)

Kris – good, then I know who to hunt down next time! :)

Joanne – definitely … one step at a time.

Starnesfam – I totally hear you. There’s always something going on, something to challenge me, but at the end of the day, it’s all good. Really good.

pamela September 26, 2009 at 10:17 am

Cate, you can do anything! Nice job on the stroller, especially with your helper. I feel like I can’t even fold laundry with my helpers some days! I love that picture of Madeline pressed into the mesh of the stroller hood. Too cute.

maris September 28, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Way to go! I bet you put it together better than The Husband. I remember one time my dad assembled a foosball table for my brother and a few days later we looked under it and he had scotch-taped one of the pieces on! Needless to say, it didn’t hold up.