Kid-Friendly Hawaiian Lemonade

by Cate on December 14, 2009

Hawaiian Lemonade

Often times when we have company over, Mom Juice or an otherwise, girly fun drink makes an appearance.  Without fail, the kids ask to have some, quickly drawn in by the colors of the drinks and the random maraschino cherry, no doubt.  Last week, when The Neighbors came over for dinner, I thought I’d do a new drink just for the kids.  Well, who are we kidding, of course we snagged some for ourselves too.  And why not?  This one was a total keeper and quickly got a big thumbs up from the kids.  A few juices combined with ice and ginger ale, it will be easy to keep the ingredients on hand any time we want to whip up a batch of Kid Juice.  I don’t think they’ll mind one little a bit.

Hawaiian Lemonade
Recipe courtesy of Mixing Bowl magazine

In a large punch bowl (I used a pitcher), combine two cups ice cubes, a 12 ounce can chilled pineapple juice, a 12 ounce can chilled apricot nectar, 3/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate and 3/4 cup water. Slowly pour 1-1/4 cups chilled ginger ale down inside the bowl. Makes 6 servings.

Jaimie December 14, 2009 at 9:41 pm

This looks yummy, but where do you find the apricot?

Rebekah Williams December 14, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Definitely will be consumed by this mama, as well as her kiddos. Thanks for the fun drink recipe!

Cate December 14, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Jaimie – I find the apricot juice in the Hispanic section of my local grocery store (Shop Rite). They have a number of tropical juices. I want to say it was Goya brand, but don’t hold me to it. :)

Joanne December 15, 2009 at 7:14 am

When I was a kid I remember always wanting to drink the grown up drinks. My parents usually pacified me by getting me a Shirley Temple. THis looks like it would have been great as well. In fact, I could use some now! It would also be a great base for an adult drink!

Ramona December 16, 2009 at 3:44 pm

It sounds so good.

grace December 17, 2009 at 10:30 am

first of all, i wish i was in hawaii right now. i miss the sun. secondly, what a nifty beverage! aprioct nectar!?!? it sounds delightful–kid-friendly and grace-friendly. :)