Menu Planning Monday, January 3rd-9th

by Cate on January 3, 2010

New Curtains

For the first time since I started Weekend Photos in Review, I’ve got nothing for you.  I know, terrible.  I was a lazy bum all weekend.  Well, if you consider putting away all the Christmas decorations, tracking down and hanging curtains, doing six loads of laundry, errands and shoveling out my office being lazy.  The weather has been crazy windy, so bad that it’s completely unmotivating to leave the house.  Staying in does wonders for increased productivity, that’s for sure.

So since I have no good pictures to speak of, will you settle for my first menu plan for the New Year?  In my long list of things to do this weekend, planning the menu was one of them.  Here’s what the week looks like:

Sunday: Company for dinner, Smoked Salmon Cream Pasta, Crab Rangoons (still just as good as the last time I made them) and Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels (new recipe)

Monday: Veggie and Cream Cheese Omelet (breakfast, new recipe), Two Step Macaroni and Cheese (new recipe), fresh fruit, steamed vegetables

Tuesday: Leftovers

Wednesday: Homemade pizzas for the kids, dinner out for me

Thursday: Gorgonzola Burgers with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce (new recipe), roasted potatoes

Friday: Out with a friend

Saturday: Spaghetti Marinara with Roasted Sausages

When planning the menu, I wanted to accomplish a few things … make new recipes, make a concentrated effort to use what’s on hand, and make sure to plan days for leftovers lest the refrigerator get too full and things get wasted.  So far, so good.  If you’ve planned a menu for the week, I’d love to see it – do share the link below for the class.  :)  For more menus, check out Menu Planning Monday tomorrow at Organizing Junkie.

so Spiffy January 3, 2010 at 11:48 pm

I like Thursday plan…. sounds divine and yummy.. since the new year turned.. I retracted back to Chicken baked and veggies…

Magda January 3, 2010 at 11:51 pm

I like Friday’s plan ;-)

Claire January 4, 2010 at 12:25 am

Mmmm….cucumber yogurt sauce? I think that would be so yummy with some veggies and pita! Love the curtains!

Joanne January 4, 2010 at 7:13 am

I love menu planning and seeing what others are cooking each week. Sounds like a delicious one you’ve got ahead of you!

Kris #40 January 4, 2010 at 7:54 am

Looks good! I love homemade mac & cheese (can’t wait to see the recipe) – my kids love the boxed (I won’t touch it with a 10 foot pole).

I need to think of meals in advance as we are in high school wrestling season – and our eating habits go down the toilet. With 2-3 matches a week, we don’t eat at home much. If it’s a home match, at least I know there is baked ziti – away matches usually don’t have food – so we hit some drive thru on the way.

Debbie January 4, 2010 at 8:07 am

This is exactly what I am trying to do….planning a weeks menu. I’m sure it would make things so much easier. Wish me luck!!! Hope you have a very happy and healthy new year!

Casey January 4, 2010 at 8:23 am

Buffalo chicken pinwheels sounds delicious!

Need to get better organized in planning. You have it all together!

Laura January 4, 2010 at 9:04 am

Yummy sounding as always!

Ramona January 4, 2010 at 11:07 am

Know what you mean about that wind. It made me want to stay in too. But with horses and wanting to hunt had to make myself go out.

Glad you got a lot accomplished.

mandy January 4, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Crab ragoons? OMG. LOVE. Thank you so much for linking that recipe!

Its been snowy, icy, and cold where I live too and I essentially become a hermit in winter.