Wordless Wednesday

by Cate on January 20, 2010

Meltdown Part 1

“I’m sorry, honey, you can’t have cookies. You haven’t even had breakfast yet!”

Meltdown - Part 2

“I know you’re upset, but you can’t. Maybe you can have one with your lunch?”

Meltdown - Part 3

“Yes, I know where they are, and I know exactly which one you want, but I’m sorry, no, not now.”

Meltdown - Part 4

“The funny faces aren’t going to work, Maddie.”

Meltdown - Part 5

A moment of silence while we come up with Plan B.

Meltdown - Part 6

“I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better. A little later, I promise.”

Meltdown - Part 7

There, there, the fingers make everything better.

Meltdown - Part 8

A momentary lapse as the memory of the cookie comes rushing back.

No almost-two-year-olds were harmed in the taking of these pictures.  I’m certain that when she’s a teenager, I might regret posting these, but in the meantime, while I still retain control, all bets are off. My little drama queen. Minutes later, still without said cookie, she was throwing her arms around me, “Hug, Mommy, Hug!” and all was forgiven.

Project 365
January 20, 2010, Photo #20

In a Better Mood
Her new thing when she’s sitting on the couch … she piles up all the pillows, and then sits on top of them. Our very own Princess and the Pea.

Kris #40 January 20, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Aww poor thing! I’ll give her cookies for breakfast. My daughter was eating potato chips in the car this morning waiting for the bus. Isn’t it like having hash browns?

Jaimie January 20, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Poor girl. We get moments like that over food too.

Josie January 20, 2010 at 11:40 pm

haha… my niece had some -ahem- issues today with food. Just something about those toddlers :)

mandy January 20, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Awww, how precious. Isnt it funny how soon all can be forgotten with a simple hug?

Merry January 21, 2010 at 1:07 am

Isn’t having a two year old in the house never ending fun?!?! One minute they are at the top of the world and the next minute they are crying uncontrollably because…you…are….so…mean! Two minutes later….it’s your guess. So funny!

Jess January 21, 2010 at 6:33 am

Funny. I cry too when I realize that I can’t eat cookies for breakfast!

Joanne January 21, 2010 at 7:13 am

Well. How can you blame her really when your cookies look so delicious? i would cry over food at times if it would be acceptable at all in any way.

She will grow out of it. In a few years… ;)

Patsy January 21, 2010 at 9:41 am

I’m impressed you were able to capture the moment! There have been times when I would have liked to have done that, but by the time I’d get the camera the “drama” was over (thankfully!).

Tyanne January 21, 2010 at 11:10 am

She’s soooo cute. Even with the tears and pout.

Ramona January 21, 2010 at 11:57 am

I’m in no way comparing Madie with my dog Country, but Country is my child. I have no human kids.

So I know how hard it is at times when Country wants something I’m eating and I have to tell her “no”.

Amy January 21, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Bless her little heart – it’s amazing how often the end of a two year old’s world occurs during one day…

Bless your heart – you managed to take the pics and stay firm! You’re my hero! ;-)

Sarah Caron January 21, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I laughed so hard reading this because I can totally relate. And doesn’t a part of you just want to give in when she looks so distraught? Paige and I have this same conversation, devastation, over white chocolate. Sigh.

April Marie January 21, 2010 at 6:53 pm

That looks exactly like me when I can’t have cookies for brekky either = )

Bridgett January 21, 2010 at 8:01 pm

I remember those not-so-long-ago days. My daughter is a drama queen and these pics would have been a daily occurrence at our house, complete with puppy in hand. It is amazing how hard they try and how persistent they can be, isn’t it?
Your little one is just adorable!

Magda January 22, 2010 at 3:02 pm