I Spy: The Color Pink

by Cate on February 25, 2010

I like the color pink.  I won’t lie.  Nor should that come as any great surprise.  But if you step into our home, you’d be hard-pressed to find the color pink.  Or so I thought until I poked around with the camera lens.  (You can see all the individual pictures in the collage right here)

My creation

Project 365
February 25, 2010, Photo #55

Snowicane 2010

A friend and I write pretend letters, that we never send, to blow off steam and have a fun vent.  Tomorrow will be the kids’ second snow day this week; a week which also included a delayed opening on a third day.  I can’t remember a week this winter where we have not been assaulted with snow, freezing rain, slush, mush or some other fun trick courtesy of Mother Nature.  The current storm started around 5 am this morning.  It has been snowing non-stop since, and is expected to pick up speed tonight, bringing the worst of it tomorrow.  Ten inches overnight and a newly coined phrase of Snowicane.  Our pretend letters today went much like this:

Dear Mother Nature:

WTF?

xoxo,
Cate

Sarah Caron February 25, 2010 at 11:15 pm

hahahahah! Gotta have that xoxo to soften it, right? It’s still raining here. My driveway is flooded. I think I saw Noah floating by earlier. This needs to STOP. Where’s the sun?

mandy February 25, 2010 at 11:39 pm

I could have written that letter to mother nature myself. We had another 6 inches overnight with another 6-9 predicted for tomorrow, so far we’ve had over 40 inches, just in Feb.

The pink collage is very fun.

Joanne February 26, 2010 at 7:58 am

Ha! That’s what MY letter said as well. And from what I can see it’s still going strong.

That is a LOT of pink. That’s okay. I like pink.

Ramona February 26, 2010 at 10:36 am

Sending you warm wishes. Hope ya’ll have a good weekend anyway!

Karen February 26, 2010 at 10:50 am

Seriously!! The drifts are so high that I cannot walk out of my front door! Enough already.

Susan February 26, 2010 at 11:06 am

It’s a totally whacky winter. You guys to the south get the snow – up in Boston, we get the rain. Not that I’m complaining!

Amanda February 26, 2010 at 11:56 am

I LOVE this!! How inspiring!!

Kris #40 February 26, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Love your letter! This snowicane sucks! Today is an interesting day – 10 minutes of sunshine then 10 minutes of snow. We must be in the eye of the snowicane.

Where’d you get that great hamper? I need a colorful one for my girlie’s redecorated room for her stuffed animals that have been banished from the end of her bed.

Cate February 26, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Kris – I’m 95% sure it was Target. I wish all the kids’ stuffed animals would fit in something that size. We need a Stuffed Animal Intervention!

Amanda – thanks!

Sarah – always the xoxo. ;)

Susan – if all our snow was rain, it would surely do us in. Strange, friends only 20 minutes away got a quarter of what we got.

Karen – this morning, we couldn’t even open up the back door to let the dog out!

Ramona – thank you!

Joanne – I swear it’s not as much as it looks. Once you go looking for it, the pink is everywhere. New color next time.

Mandy – I hereby promise to not complain about the heat once all summer … if only winter would come to a swift close!

Aimee February 26, 2010 at 8:42 pm

LOL my letter on my FB status last night was “Dear Mother Nature, I get it. You are capable of being a b*tch. Lets move on to spring, shall we?”

I love pink, too, and cant wait for spring to don pastel pinks! :)

Laura February 27, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I love this post…it made me smile!