Easter Photos in Review {2010}

by Cate on April 4, 2010

Last week, a reader asked me how many pictures I take during a month. An insane amount. This weekend happened to be 322, largely centered around three things (more on the other two this week). Aren’t you glad I’m not sharing home movies?  But it’s not necessarily because there is so much going on. It’s more to get that “money shot.” Like the one way down below with the four kids sitting on a couch. There are some 20 pictures of that particular moment, all in the hopes that all four kids are looking at the camera with a halfway decent smile on their face in one of them. And then, you know, good lighting, clarity, color, well, all that would be nice too.  All in the name of posterity.

Miss Sadie's First Easter

Bright Shiny Things

Symphony Brownies

Sophie's Score

Sadie Scores

Sophie Egg Hunt

Egg Hunt

Nom Nom Nom

Buds

Easter Goodness

Happy Baby

Facts of Life

Poor Sophie learned the harsh reality that you can’t put an egg back together once it has been cut.

Too Cool for School

For the past three Easters, this one included, we have taken a picture of the kids on this couch at my parent’s house. I love seeing the kids in the exact same spot every year, to see how everyone has changed. Here is this years… the first change being the addition of Sadie!

Da Posse

Last years’ (2009):

Da Posse Take 1

The year before that (2008):

Sophie Holding Nicholas Up

Da Girls

Stash for the Neighbors

Church Feet

Too Much Cuteness

Ready for Church

Oh the cuteness. I just can’t stand it. Someone asked me at the grocery store last week about Madeline’s blonde streaks. She wanted to know if I did that. Seriously, people, she’s two. I’m not dying her hair.

Easter Bunny Goodies

Spring Training

Tomorrow?  Spring training and Vanilla Salted Peanut Cookies.

Casey April 4, 2010 at 11:40 pm

Wait. We’re not supposed to dye our kids’ hair?

Kidding.

Your recap is delightful as always!

Joanne April 5, 2010 at 6:12 am

I love the pictures of them through the years as well. We used to do that at Thanksgiving and the changes from year-to-year were always astounding.

Looks like a fantastic Easter! Maddie is adorable in that dress. Picture perfect :P

The Sister In-Law April 5, 2010 at 7:42 am

I had the same streaks Maddie has and my mom would get ask the same question, especially from her hair dresser. And to think I pay so much money now to got those streaks back LOL!

Great pictures – Happy Easter!!

SIL

Ramona April 5, 2010 at 9:31 am

Sooooo cute. What a great photo journey of their lives together that you are creating.

Patsy April 5, 2010 at 11:28 am

Looks like a lovely weekend! I love the photo “history” that you do each year… such a great idea!

Tyanne April 5, 2010 at 12:42 pm

They are all so sweet. Thank you for sharing with us.

Angie April 5, 2010 at 2:54 pm

What sweet little kids, they are too cute!

Jenny April 5, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Why won’t my hair do natural blonde streaks like that? Does Maddie have any idea how much money she is saving right now from NOT going to the hairdresser? LOL

BTW, you need to STOP posting LUSCIOUS pictures of food and not sayin what it is….or giving the recipe….It drive me CRAZY!!!!! LOL

You will be telling us what those yummy brownie like treats are? RIGHT?

claire April 5, 2010 at 4:16 pm

How cute! I have these really RED streaks in my hair that even my parents will occasionally ask if I’ve dyed it…knowing that I haven’t! LOVE natural highlights! I took many photos this Easter as well…of my best friend’s child! I guess I’m living through her at the moment since I don’t have my own family. :-)

Cate April 5, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Casey – haha, people are too much sometimes, aren’t they? :)

Claire – red streaks? how fun!

Jenny – sorry! Those brownies are Symphony Brownies, and you can find the recipe right here > http://sweetnicks.com/2009/02/symphony-brownies/

Angie, Ramona and Tyanne – thanks!

Patsy – and to think my Mom keeps trying to get rid of that couch! ;)

The Sister-In-Law – I love her streaks, and I think they totally fit her impish personality!

Joanne – didn’t think Nick had changed that much until I went back to the ’08 one last year. And Maddie’s feet! And the girls’ (lack of) hair!

Jen April 5, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I am glad that you take so many pictures and share them. They are so cute and always make me smile! Easter blessings to you and your family.

Shannon April 5, 2010 at 6:35 pm

you have so many great photos from the past weekend!! but that first one made me laugh :) so awesome to see how they’ve grown!

Jenny April 8, 2010 at 10:50 am

YAY! Thanks for the recipe for those brownies….can’t wait to try them….yummmmmm.
Your stories and pix of the kids just always make me smile. So lucky you are!