Discovering Forever 21

by Cate on January 20, 2011

A Necklace that Followed Me Home TooIt seems like I can’t read a magazine these days without seeing a piece of clothing or accessory that I like.  From Forever 21.  I had never been to the store, and it was on my running list of places I wanted to check out.  A few weeks ago, on a Friday night out with the kids, I finally got my chance.

I begged.  I pleaded.  I bribed.  I asked them to please be good so I could go to just ONE store.  And I promised to reward them justly.  Going clothes shopping with them is something I try really hard not to do.  You know, unless I want Madeline crawling in and out of the dressing room.  Or trying to open the door while I’m mid-way through trying on a blouse.  Or loudly announcing to anyone within earshot that “I see your boobies.”  What can I say?  Some days I try to avoid the embarrassment if I can.

Dressing Rooms

But that Friday a few weeks ago, I got lucky.  I’m sure it had nothing to do with the fact that this was what I bribed them with.
Sonic!

The store is interesting.  It has a bunch of their own different brands, so like a department store, you can have flannel and sweats on one side of the store and cocktail dresses on the other.  The prices?  Crazy reasonable.  This was my favorite section of the store, filled with soft colors and softer fabrics.
My Favorite Section

I was very good (read: restrained) and only bought one top ($17) and one necklace ($12) and since I bought them with gift cards from Christmas (thanks Mom & Dad!), even better.

A Shirt that Followed Me Home

As we were leaving the mall, I spotted a window display for LOFT and totally want this bracelet the next time I’m in the area.  Thanks to readers who gave LOFT the thumbs up a few weeks back, it’s totally on my list to check out.
LOFT Bracelet

And now it’s your turn … what is YOUR favorite store that should be on my list?

Project 365
January 20, 2011, Photo #20

JackA few friends have said that they don’t invite us over for dinner because I like to cook. I think that’s crazy. Don’t be afraid to invite a cook over to eat! I am totally not critiquing your cooking skills, your placemat selection or whether the right glasses are being used. As if that ever happens at our place! And we are more than fine with take-out. It’s about the company, and we have had more than one inedible dinner and I promise we went back for more. That being said, we were actually invited over for TWO (gasp!) dinners this week. It’s been ages.  Simply ages.  Tonight was at Jamie’s house. The kids didn’t want to leave to come home. I’m sure it had nothing to do with Jamie’s new puppy. No, not at all.

ally January 20, 2011 at 11:41 pm

My favorite go to store is new york and company. They have good sales, and the clothes can be dressed up for work… or down with jeans!

Casey January 21, 2011 at 2:26 am

Anthropologie. I know. It’s pricey. But, their sales are good when they do 40% off markdowns!

Franchesca’s is cute, too……lots of fun jewelry and accessories.

Joanne January 21, 2011 at 7:14 am

I love forever 21, especially the way the have the store laid out…each color having it’s own section (at least that’s the way the one in my mall used to be). Plus the clothing is so reasonably priced and CUTE.

H+M is my preferred store of choice. They are super similar to Forever 21, I think, and though some items are expensive, you can find a lot of stuff for super cheap!

Debbie January 21, 2011 at 7:43 am

I love TJ Maxx and Charming Charlie’s. I don’t know if they have Charming Charlie’s in NJ though. It is great….it’s all accessories that are categorized by color!!! And CHEAP!

Teresa January 21, 2011 at 11:22 am

Loft: shorts, tanks and casual skirts
Ann Taylor: work clothes, jeans and tops
Chicos: jackets and jeans
Coldwater Creek: jackets and sweaters
Macys: Dresses, Tops and bathing suits

I shop a lot online and return what doesn’t fit to the store at the mall.

Ramona January 21, 2011 at 11:25 am

That puppy is so cute.

claire January 21, 2011 at 3:37 pm

LOFT is definitely my favorite! I was so excited the other day. They had a 40% off sale and I had a $25 off card…ended up getting a nice sweater for a grand total of FIVE DOLLARS!!! SO EXCITED!

FireMom January 21, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Your Forever 21 looks nicer/cleaner than ours. Ours has rows so narrow that I can’t even get through. MAKES ME SO MAD.

But I kinda need that necklace in the top photo. Oh no. Look what you did.

Laura January 22, 2011 at 1:41 am

i am a big J jill fan. Although pricy they last forever and are in clean lines….plus resale is good online if you go up or down a size!

leslie January 23, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I love love love forever 21. I also like Zara!