Still Here … Barely

by Cate on January 19, 2014

Untitled

Last Sunday night, when I was thinking about our Weekend Photos in Review, I was going to tell you that I had pretty much nothing to show for it. The weekend started with Madeline getting picked up from school with strep, and it seriously went to pot from there, with Charlotte dying on Saturday morning, the basement flooding on Saturday night, and capping it off with me coming down with the flu on Sunday.

Apparently we had only just begun.

After seven days of complete bed rest, and two trips to the doctor and an additional diagnosis of strep and thrush (both also for me), I am only just beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Worst week ever in the history of the O’Malley household.

And if you’ve had the flu this year, you know I’m not exaggerating.

This is actually the first time I’ve sat at the computer in nine days.

I hope to have a few posts this week, but it’s going to depend on how my first few days back go. I plan to take it slow. One, because there is no way my body would let me do otherwise and two) because no way in hell do I want a relapse. I just wanted to pop in and let you know we’re all still here, alive, and hanging on. Poor Nick, so far he has managed to escape coming down with anything, a miracle I will never understand but that I am eternally thankful for.

Be back soon.

xo

Danita January 19, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Thanks so much for the update. I was worried when I didn’t see any updates but I clicked on Twitter and saw that you were (not seriously) ill.

Hopefully you will be back to normal health soon.

Jane January 20, 2014 at 6:00 am

Thank you for posting, I was worried and praying.

Joanne January 20, 2014 at 7:57 am

I figured you must have been REALLY sick not to be posting! Fingers crossed for a rapid and full recovery!
Joanne recently posted..Butternut Squash and Kale Strata

Meg January 20, 2014 at 9:37 am

Oh no! So sorry to hear about Charlotte and hope you are back on your feet soon. The flu is the worst — thinking of y’all and sending healing thoughts.
Meg recently posted..Book review: ‘When She Woke’ by Hillary Jordan

patsy January 20, 2014 at 11:20 am

Hope you are finally on the mend! I’ve heard that this year’s flu is pretty awful, so take your time getting back to your usual routine so that you can fully recover.
patsy recently posted..Game Day Appetizer – Buffalo Chicken Dip

Cindy January 20, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Hope you are feeling well soon.

Paula Ann January 21, 2014 at 12:01 am

Ugh. This has been one nasty flu season. Why is it that it seems to be a domino effect when a weekend starts off badly? I hope you’re back to 100% soon, and I’m so sorry to hear about Charlotte. :(