Mini Cherry Cheesecakes

by Cate on September 17, 2008

Mini Cherry CheesecakesThey say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.  And in the case of The Husband, these Mini Cherry Cheesecakes will do him just fine.  Sometimes it even gets a household chore or two done.  Just sayin’.

I don’t make them that often, because if I do, the entire batch will be gone within a day or two, but for his recent birthday, they made an appearance.  I figured with a church picnic around the same time, I could take half of them there, and cut down on the temptation a bit.  Much to his chagrin, I’m sure, but I don’t think he noticed that there were a few missing.   And our secret is safe here, right?

This is one of those recipes that has been around forever, and with the internet, many variations have sprung forth.  We happen to like the traditional one; nothing fancy needed here, thankyouverymuch. Within minutes, they’ll be happily baking away in the oven and perhaps you’ll be making someone in your life as happy as The Husband.  Forget The Husband, Nicholas certainly doesn’t pass these up either.  Totally kid-approved, and really, what could be cuter than a hand-held cheesecake?  Well, perhaps cupcakes…

Hungry for more cheesecake recipes?
Bake or Break has some very decadent Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars.
Closet Cooking’s site features some No Bake Cheesecakes with a Maple Pecan Crust.
And just in time for Fall, Culinary Concoctions by Peabody has a Caramel Apple Toffee Cheesecake.

A year ago today… nothing.
Two years ago today… Chimichurri Chicken Bites, so good.
Three years ago today… gone to the dogs.

Mini Cheesecakes

12 vanilla wafers
Two 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
Cherry and/or blueberry pie filling

Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tin with foil liners and place vanilla wafer in each. Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs in mixing bowl on medium speed until well blended. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 15-20 minutes until set. Cool. Top with pie filling. Chill.

Sara September 17, 2008 at 11:18 pm

Your cheesecakes look great, thanks for the report on the pancakes!

Saras last blog post..Braised pork shoulder with quince

Meagan Francis September 18, 2008 at 8:52 am

oh my goodness those look to die for!

Meagan Franciss last blog post..settling in…

emielli September 18, 2008 at 9:44 am

Mmm. Mini Cherry Cheesecakes. While I love cherry, the boyfriend’s favorite berry is the blue berry, so maybe I`ll switch it up and make half a batch of cherry and blueberry one day, just as a treat.

emiellis last blog post..718.

grace September 18, 2008 at 12:50 pm

the only thing better than cheesecake is miniature cheesecake, and i have no explanation for that. :) blueberry or strawberry for me, please. :)

Lisa September 18, 2008 at 1:13 pm

Love this recipe! I have made these already. They are so cute!

Lisas last blog post..More Martha……..

Patsy September 18, 2008 at 4:26 pm

Oh, those do look good! I’m sure my oldest would eat them all before anyone else… definitely kid approved!

Patsys last blog post..Fall is Time for Soup!

The Sister In-Law September 19, 2008 at 6:27 am

I don’t think I’ve ever had your mini cherry cheesecake. Hmmm food for thought.

Darius T. Williams September 19, 2008 at 8:24 am

You know – I love a great mini cheese cake – you know why? because you can eat more and not feel as guilty – lol.

-DTW

Darius T. Williamss last blog post..Ending Out The Week

Mellisa September 19, 2008 at 11:56 am

My DH’s bday is Monday and I think I just found his dessert. One question are those mini-muffins or regular size? Thanks for the great idea.

Cate September 19, 2008 at 1:23 pm

Mellisa – regular size.

Scott at Realepicurean September 19, 2008 at 3:20 pm

Cheesecakes…mmmmnn….even in a small version!

Scott at Realepicureans last blog post..My Perfect Tomato Bruschetta Recipe

pat September 19, 2008 at 5:36 pm

Hi Cate,

I just made up a batch of these. They looked great coming out of the oven, then the middle sunk probably a good half inch. Is that normal? Makes a nice hollow to hold the cherries, but not sure if that should have happened. Also, have you ever tried freezing these prior to spooning the cherries on?

pat September 19, 2008 at 9:11 pm

Sorry, I didn’t state my question well at all. What I meant was can the cheesecakes be frozen (without the cherries of course).

Cate O'Malley September 19, 2008 at 10:10 pm

Yes, that’s normal, no worries. More room for cherries. I’ve never tried freezing them, mostly because they don’t last that long. Not sure how well cheesecake freezes, but don’t think I would. Hope you like them!

Cate O’Malleys last blog post..Back Seat Feet

pat September 20, 2008 at 12:30 am

You’re right – they don’t last very long. Took them to a small gathering of friends tonight and they vanished in a matter of minutes. Huge success. Thanks.

Jodie October 2, 2008 at 3:09 pm

LOVE cheesecake! And these little bites are so cute. You could almost eat 10 of them and not feel guilty!

Jodies last blog post..Carmel Toffee Chocolate Bars