- Cheesy Hash Brown Chili. Good, but not repeatable. Next!
- David Garrard’s Buffalo Chicken Dip. The favorite of the month, and even made twice in one week. Reviewed here.
- Mocha Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies. Good. Nice hit from the caffeine. Interesting sandy texture on the outside of the cookie. Review coming soon.
- Deep Woods Salad Dressing. This recipe came from Serena, Food and Stories. Easy and packed with flavor. I served it on a salad at Madeline’s birthday party. Review and recipe coming soon.
- Sour Cream White Cupcakes. This one is from the new Cupcake Doctor cookbook. I tried one without the frosting and nearly threw away the whole batch. Luckily, once it had frosting on it, all was right with the world.
- Roast Ham with Marmalade Mess Marinade. This is another one from Serena, Food and Stories. Loved it.
- Chocolate Chip Dream Bars. These are OMG good. If you haven’t made this one yet, you’re missing out. Favorite #2 of the month.
- Veggie Bites. How to make good vegetables bad for you. Review coming soon.
- Hershey Kiss Good Fortunes. A fun sweet treat. Review here.
- Tuna Cakes. Easy and you likely have the ingredients on hand. A few days later, I warmed one up, and put it in between pumpernickel bread with melted cheddar and spicy mustard. So good.
- Roasted Mushrooms and Asparagus. Super simple. Loved this. Review coming soon.
- Go Green Stew for Eli. Nick and Madeline made a stew for Eli. He inhaled it so fast, we’re thinking he liked it, but we stopped short of taste-testing it ourselves. He was definitely looking for more the next day.
- German Chocolate Cupcake. The failure of the month. You won’t be hearing about this one.
- Peanut Butter and Honey Cookies. Favorite #3 for the month. You won’t think they’re anything special. Until you make them. Bet you can’t eat just one.
- Penne with Artichokes, Spinach and Chicken. Review coming soon. It tastes like your favorite Spinach Artichoke Dip on top of pasta. ‘Nuff said.
- Weight Watchers Pomegranate Martinis. A friend said I made this one so much this month that it has become my signature drink. Part of it is because I have the ingredients on hand. Another part is because the nice folks at Pom sent me a case of their juice to use. The last part is because they’re really good. Hey, pomegranates are an antioxidant!
- The Pioneer Woman’s Macaroni and Cheese. Review coming next week. Nick isn’t a fan when I make homemade macaroni and cheese. He is a blue box boy. This one got his thumbs up. That should tell you everything.
- Sausage and Mushroom Penne Gratin. I made this for a Valentine’s Day party we had, and it was total comfort food. Soooo good. Review coming soon. It’s a good thing I take pictures of all our food, because I had completely forgotten about this recipe, and the next one…
- Brie, Tomato and Arugula Salad. Loved this one. The creaminess of the Brie. The peppery bite of the arugula. Light. Different. Easy. How could you go wrong? Review coming soon.
Direct links to the individual pictures can be found here. I made 17 new recipes last month. This month, 19. For March, I’m going to shoot for 23. Would love to hear about what great new recipes you made last month – do tell!
What’s coming up this week … I’m going to introduce you to my adoptee in the Dine and Dish‘s Adopt-a-Blogger program. I’m also going to tell you the details about the Pomegranate Martinis (only four Weight Watchers points, if you happen to be on the program). And lastly, a bit of a sound-off piece on what to say when you don’t know what to say. Until then…
The folks at McCormick sent me an awesome Valentine’s Day box a few weeks ago. I opened it today. A little behind. I loved that it wasn’t stuffed with their product. There was actually only two of their own items in it. That, to me, is good marketing. And something that I will remember. Anyway, a few of the items in the box were actually from Crate & Barrel. I heart Crate & Barrel, and those heart-shaped measuring cups are too cute. They also included cupcake stencils (also from C&B), which I’ve never seen before. (To the left of the red food coloring in the box) Love them! And even though they’re Valentine’s Day-themed, I don’t think they have to be relegated to just that holiday. Love is 365, people. And even better to snap them up now, at a bargain for under $3.Brie Tomato and Arugula Salad, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Cheesy Hash Brown Chili, Chocolate Chip Dream Bars, Cupcake Doctor, Deep Woods Salad Dressing, German Chocolate Cupcakes, Go Green Stew, Hershey Kiss Good Fortunes, Lent, macaroni and cheese, Marmalade Mess Marinade, McCormick, Mocha Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies, new recipes, Peanut Butter and Honey Cookies, Penne with Artichokes Spinach and Chicken, Pomegranate Martinis, Roast Ham, Roasted Mushrooms and Asparagus, Sausage and Mushroom Penne Gratin, Sour Cream White Cupcakes, The Pioneer Woman, Tuna Cakes, Valentine's Day, Veggie Bites, Weight Watchers