Pineapple Orange Smoothie

by Cate on July 13, 2010

Pineapple Orange Smoothie

These days I feel like I practically live in the grocery store.  With all the “clean eating” we’re doing, it means several trips for fresh produce and fruit.  The upside is there is less waste than ever, because we’re using up everything fast.

The kids are crazy for fruit and we all eat some form of it at least once or twice a day.  And smoothies?  A favorite all ’round.  We have a ton of different ones that we make, but lately, this Pineapple Orange Smoothie has been hitting the blender on a regular basis.

Fresh fruit.  Juice.  Mix.  Only just a few minutes of blender time stand between you and a glass full of sunshine.

Project 365
July 12, 2010, Photo #125

Lucky Charms - Breakfast of Champions

When I was a kid, Lucky Charms was a favorite cereal of mine, right up there with Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch. The kids don’t like it as much as I do, so the box in the cupboard is probably more for me than for them for a very infrequent quick fix. But do you see what they added to the marshmallow mix? Rainbows! Love it!

Pineapple Orange Smoothie
Recipe courtesy of Family Fun magazine

1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pineapple juice
half a frozen banana
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks

Mix it all together in your blender and serve.  (2 servings)

Merry120 July 13, 2010 at 12:26 am

Lucky Charms are my absolute favorite! I know they are complete crap for me but they sure are YUMMY!

Joanne July 13, 2010 at 6:14 am

Lucky Charms is my favorite kid cereal as well! Those marshmallow bites are just delicious.

I know how you feel about the fresh produce buying. The cashiers at my supermarket know me by name. It’s worth it for smoothies like this though!

Sarah Caron July 13, 2010 at 9:00 am

YUM! We are on a total smoothie kick here too. This one looks delish.

mandy July 13, 2010 at 9:28 am

I love smoothies! In the evenings my friends and I have taken to adding different adult beverages to them. =)

Ramona July 13, 2010 at 9:39 am

I’ll take the PB cap’n crunch. Don’t care for the Lucky Charms, never did.

That smoothie looks really good.

Claire July 13, 2010 at 10:56 pm

When I was little my mom wouldn’t get cereals “like” Lucky Charms. I think the idea of marshmallows in cereal made her feel bad. I don’t even remember what we had. BUT I do remember going to my aunt’s house one summer…the aunt who is SO proper, like “British tea” proper…and SHE had lucky charms! SO EXCITING!

Claire July 13, 2010 at 10:57 pm

These smoothies make me think of orange julius, btw!

Patsy July 14, 2010 at 12:49 pm

LOVE smoothies (and so do my boys!). Will have to try your version as well, since I know they would love that combination. Yum!