October 2012 in Instagram

by Cate on November 3, 2012

October 2012 in Instagram

You can see September 2012 in Instagram right here, and you can follow me on Instagram for daily photos (I’m cateomalley on Instagram).

We still don’t have power. Currently Day Six. The devastation, particularly along the shores of New Jersey, is heartbreaking. Although we still do not have power (and it’s projected to remain that way for another few days at least), we are certainly amongst the lucky ones. When we’re back in full force, I have many wonderful stories to share of how people have really come together. In the meantime, we’re knee-deep into gas rationing, relying on friends for hot meals, and sleeping on the floor of my office, which thankfully had its power restored two days ago.

I won’t be back regularly here until power returns, so updates will be spotty in the meantime.

Hugs to you all, especially my fellow East Coasters dealing with the after effects of Hurricane Sandy. xoxo

Suzi November 3, 2012 at 6:35 pm

thinking of you all during this…my heart belongs to the East Coast..always will…

Cate November 4, 2012 at 11:45 pm

thank you, Suzi, it’s hard not to love the East Coast!

Danita November 3, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Cate, I have been following your Blog for years and in spite of the fact that I really enjoy it, I have never left a comment.

I have been checking in since Sandy to make sure you and yours are safe and felt the need to let you know that I care.

I am so saddened with the devastation….heartbreaking!

Hopefully life will return to normal for everyone with quick speed !

Danita

Cate November 4, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Thank you, Danita, for your kind words. Love hearing from a long-time reader! The devastation is truly heartbreaking, but New Jersey will get through this, I believe that.

Joanne November 4, 2012 at 8:20 am

I am so glad you guys are doing okay and that, aside from the power, everything is fine! Hopefully it will be back up soon. I’m thinking about you constantly and if there’s anything you need, don’t hesitate to ask!
Joanne recently posted..Recipe: Hasselback Sweet Potato Crumbles and Coconut Semolina Cake {GIVEAWAY}

Cate November 4, 2012 at 11:46 pm