Warm melted cheese, crispy bacon, and buttery cracker crumbs make this appetizer dip a real winner.
When we had our All Things Bacon party a few weeks ago, I quickly declared this Hot Bacon and Cheese Dip the star of the night, followed by these Bacon Crackers. I texted my friend the very next day to get the recipe. It’s super simple to make and a definite crowd pleaser … and perfect for any entertaining you might be doing in the coming weeks.
I mean. Really. Warm, gooey cheese. Crispy, slightly salty bacon. Subtly rich, but not so much so.
Is there any way this could possibly go wrong?
Not a chance.
And since I’m not eating carbs, I should probably tell you that this dip tastes equally delicious slathered on a piece of grilled chicken too. In case you happen to be going carb-free too.
And, you know, even straight from a spoon if you don’t want that little smidge at the bottom of the dish to go to waste.
When you’re short on time, but need an appetizer for your next gathering, this is it. After crisping up the bacon, you just mix a few ingredients in a bowl, bake, top with cracker crumbs. Devour. It doesn’t get better (and easier) than that.
And tomorrow? A new-to-me gift giving source.
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat)
- 1/2 cup mayo (I used 1/3 less fat Hellmann's)
- 1 cup Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 7 slices cooked crisp bacon
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- Mix cream cheese, mayo, Swiss cheese, and onions.
- Spread in flat dish and top with bacon and cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.