Our glass cookie jar in the kitchen was reaching dangerously low proportions and it was time to rectify that. Even though this snack mix has been around seemingly forever, I only had it for the first time a few years ago. Nick was young enough when I made it that he doesn’t remember having it before. I’ve seen it called Puppy Chow and Muddy Buddies before, but recently I discovered it as Monkey Munch. I loved the name, and it seemed especially fitting given our own little monkey.
I think you’ll agree that you can’t go wrong with the winning combination of peanut butter and chocolate. It just works. This recipe is crazy simple to make and is a fun snack item for kids when they’re on the hunt for something a little sweet. Dig in!
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. vanilla
9 cups Crispix cereal (any flavor)
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Stir well.
3. Place the 9 cups of Crispix cereal in a very large bowl.
4. Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Coat with powdered sugar, sprinkling evenly over the cereal and tossing as you sprinkle to cover each piece well.