- I worked at Roy Rogers for about a year when I was in high school. I loved their Double R Bar Burger. Thin smoked ham atop a hamburger with a little horseradish sauce. Total yum.
- I was a manager at a McDonald’s for a little while.
- Clearly my tastebuds have evolved slightly since then, although we’re all more than a little hooked on McDonald’s yogurt parfaits.
- I have a bucket list – jumping out of plane is on it, much to the chagrin of a few people.
- One of the times I made egg whites omelets over this past weekend, I used a bit of this Pottery Barn Dip inside. Delish.
- An old high school friend introduced me to pomegranate liqueur over the weekend. It will be taking Pomegranate Martinis to a whole new level.
- I can’t hear Billy Vera’s song At This Moment without choking up, which is exactly why last week’s episode of Dancing with the Stars made me cry. Great song from the 80s. Love the raw emotion and passion.
- I also cried at last week’s Celebrity Apprentice when Holly Robinson Peete was reunited with her four kids after being away from them for a few months. Who cries at the Apprentice? Clearly I do. Geesh. Somebody, please get me a tissue.
- Sarah thinks I’m really picky about how my dishwasher is loaded. That’s only because she does it wrong.
- Sarah and I have been trying to meet up in Brimfield, MA for the past two years for an antique show/flea market that my Mom and I go to every year. It’s this week, and again, unfortunately we’re not going to make it. But come September, we’ll do it, come hell or high water.
Eli Update: Thank you so much for all the emails and comments asking about Eli. If only he knew how many fans he had! I took him home from the vet yesterday afternoon. After a few hours of tests and x-rays, they said it was “as clear as mud.” Tests for Lyme came back negative and they ruled out hip dysplasia right away. For now, they’re hanging their hat on a pinched nerve near his neck (x-ray showed a small mass). He’s on a few medications and we’re taking a wait-and-see approach to see how he responds to it. Last night, when we all went upstairs to go to bed, he was in the kitchen. As he heard us go up the steps, he started to cry, so I went back and got him upstairs, one paw at a time, one hundred and thirteen pounds of deadweight. But he was happy. This evening, he was able to get up for his food, so while he’s not getting worse, he seems to be a teeny smidge better. Now we wait.
May 11, 2010, Photo #92
It’s official. I am now divorced. I never thought I’d have to say that. While I am sad that a 12 year marriage and family ended with about fifteen minutes and one quick pen stroke, today was just about the legalities of it. As far as I’m concerned, it was really over last Spring when we separated. We started a new chapter last year, and with it, many positive changes have come our way. Onward and upward!