An easy and pretty breakfast is my favorite way to start the day. Let’s get creative with a little mix and match yogurt parfait.
Breakfast is always a struggle. And it likely will be a challenge until forever.
Mostly because my kids love sleep more than they love eating breakfast (and I don’t blame them one bit!).
And during the school year, we’re always leaving the house so early, if breakfast hasn’t been planned ahead, it just isn’t happening.
Which pretty much means I plan ahead all.the.time by way of a well stocked kitchen.
We eat yogurt on the daily. Tons of different kinds. Fruit on the bottom. Plain vanilla. Fruit mixed throughout. Greek yogurt. Yogurt straight up. We are equal opportunity yogurt eaters.
Our favorite way to eat Greek yogurt in particular is to make parfaits with fruit. It is an easy way to sweeten Greek yogurt just a touch, and by making parfaits, everyone can have the yogurt exactly the way they like it.
Our go-to for the fruit layers is the line of fruit in jars from Dole. For a million different reasons, but most of all because I don’t need to worry about peeling and cutting the fruit. Or if it’s in season. Or if I have any leftover. I just portion out what I need, and the rest goes in the fridge.
We layer the Greek yogurt with the fruit and either granola or our favorite crunchy cereal (this morning, we used Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds; perfect little sweet crunch). A little drizzle of honey or agave nectar on top and we have a delicious, healthy breakfast that we all agree on. It’s quick to make and we can personalize each one easily so everyone is getting the exact flavors they love the most.
Which pretty much means more honey on mine because neither of the kids like honey.
To go along with your healthy breakfast, the folks at Dole sent along some easy fitness tips as well. This summer, my goal has been to #sweateveryday. Most recently, it has meant a two mile hike with Harry, three miles on the treadmill, and two hours of roller skating this morning. It doesn’t matter what I do, I am just making sure I am doing something active.
Here are the tips that Dole sent along:
• Monday: Start the Week with Medicine Balls – Kick off the week with a medicine ball workout. Instead of focusing on one muscle at a time, medicine ball exercises are a great way to work various muscles at the start of your week!
• Tuesday: Turn it Up Tuesday – Remember to mix up your cardio workouts to help prevent injury and become stronger overall.
• Wednesday: Spruce up Your Fruit – Working out is a great way to stay fit but it is also important to maintain a healthy diet. Next time you’re at the grocery store, pick up Dole Fruit in Jars. Each container provides 5 delicious servings of all natural, fresh fruit. While at the store, grab a container of your favorite Greek yogurt and try a pairing to spruce up your fruit!
• Thursday: Multi-task – Just because you’re catching up on your favorite TV show doesn’t mean you can’t work out. Clear some space between the couch and TV so you can watch while you do push-ups, crunches, jumping jacks, and squats.
• Friday: Give Yourself a Star – At the end of the week, mark each day that you exercised with a star on your calendar. Reward yourself every time you get to 20 stars.
Hungry for more easy breakfast ideas?
These English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas are easy to make ahead so you can just heat and eat.
Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins are the kids’ favorite when I have over-ripe bananas to use up. Like now.
Orange Coconut Crumb Muffins were so simple to make, I had a little helper to most of the work (and oh those baby cheeks!).
*This post was sponsored by Dole Fruit in Jars. All opinions are, as always, my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support my blog.