Guilty Pleasures

by Cate on September 14, 2006

Nicholas had his soccer practice tonight, and with The Husband in classes all week, he wouldn’t make it back in time, so practice-duty fell to me. Certainly a perfect evening to be outside running around, weather-wise. Just a hint of the crisp air that’s heading our way with Fall right around the corner.

Hadn’t planned dinner ahead of time, so we ended up running for the border for a quick bite to eat. I indulge in that little guilty pleasure about 2-3 times a year. Every now and again, you need something fast and your body craves a little junk. And hey, it’s not an everyday thing, obviously, so NO guilt allowed.

When time is short and the cravings long, when calories don’t count and convenience does, what is YOUR guilty pleasure? C’mon and fess up. We promise not to revoke your foodie pass, and will welcome you back tomorrow … confess away.

Until then…

A year ago today … muffins, homework and Halloween.

PatL September 14, 2006 at 3:49 am

A big bag of Garden of Eatin’ organic blue corn chips, which stays in my car at all times!

Nupur September 14, 2006 at 10:06 am

Definitely New-York-style pizzeria pizza! Two slices straight out of the blazing hot brick oven.
I have no idea what I will do when I love to another city and great pizza is no longer easily available.

Paige September 14, 2006 at 5:58 pm

After a phenomenally bad day, there’s nothing like a good bowl of mac&cheese, with a healthy dollop of ketchup on top. ;)

Lydia September 14, 2006 at 6:16 pm

Dunkin’ Donuts chocolate doughnuts. Shhhh…..don’t tell anyone.

Madeline September 14, 2006 at 11:57 pm

Cheeto’s cheese puffs or Mexican Velveeta with medium salsa mixed in and a dash of Tapatio with Tostitos. Mmmmmm.

That or Rachael Ray’s Italian Mac and Cheese.

Cate September 15, 2006 at 12:46 am

PatL – no fair, that’s a healthy guilty pleasure! ;)

Nupur — it’s hard to beat NY-style pizza.

Paige – I’m with you on the mac and cheese, but ketchup on it?

Lydia – Nicholas and I love their Vanilla Creme – yum!

Madeline – a girl after my own heart. Cheese? Salt? Chips? I am so there.