Grilled Peanut Chicken

by Cate on September 14, 2007

I tend to be picky about mixing sweet and savory things, but putting peanut butter in a savory dish is usually an automatic winner with me. When I spied a recipe for Grilled Peanut Chicken on AllRecipes yesterday, there was no question as to what would be hitting the table.

Incredibly simple to make, it smelled insanely good during the process and produced very moist chicken. With cooling temps, the recipe made for a perfect, quick weeknight meal outside on the deck. Would I make it again? I’m not sure, but only because we’ve had a few others already that I like a bit better.

A year ago today… cravings.
Two years ago today… mmmm, muffin weather.

Grilled Peanut Chicken
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes

Recipe yield: 4 servings

2 tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/3 teaspoon curry powder
1 dash ground cayenne pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Preheat grill for high heat. In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, curry powder, and cayenne pepper. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on grate, and brush with 1/2 the sauce. Grill 6 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken, and brush with remaining sauce. Continue grilling 6 to 8 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.

Valli September 14, 2007 at 1:32 pm

Grilled chicken is always a winner. Do you have the recipes for the Peanut Chicken you liked better posted???? I am always in search of the best of the best!!!

Cate September 14, 2007 at 1:34 pm

Valli – yes, this one with a Peanut Satay sauce (reviewed and posted here) is definitely up there. :)

Deborah September 14, 2007 at 2:53 pm

I love peanut butter in savory dishes, but my husband does not, so I only get to eat it when we eat out, or when he is not home. This sounds so good!!

Belinda September 14, 2007 at 5:06 pm

I am always happy to see new ideas for grilled chicken…this sounds really good. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Kelly Mahoney September 17, 2007 at 2:44 am

And great minds are thinking about grilling this week again! HA!

Tanya September 17, 2007 at 8:52 pm

Everything okay over there? I’m missing the updates! (not that I’m one to talk, of course)

Nora B. September 17, 2007 at 9:35 pm

Hi Cate,
Thanks for highlighting this recipe. It looks deliciously moist. It’s already grilling weather here in Sydney, so that makes me veeeery happy. :-)

Cate September 18, 2007 at 1:10 am

Deborah – that’s exactly us with vegetables. He hates them (unless they’re in a salad) and I love them. Sigh…

Belinda – hope you like it.

Kelly – ok, what are we doing this week? ;)

Tanya – I usually take a few days off over the weekend, but this one was a crazy one (see today’s post). Thanks for checking on me. ;)

Nora – Enjoy!