Grilled Pitas with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese

by Cate on August 13, 2008

It’s been awhile since I was writing for the team at Cooking Light magazine, and I’m thrilled to be doing it again … this time for the side, for their semi-new You’ve Got to Taste This offshoot.

My first article went up this past Tuesday, reliving some fond food memories of a grilling recipe The Husband and I made first back in 1999 … a recipe that we’re still making some 9+ years later.  If you like goat cheese and caramelized onions, you need to try the recipe.  You can get all the details right here.

Jennifer from NYC August 13, 2008 at 9:17 pm

Congratulations! This looks yummy :)

claire August 13, 2008 at 10:49 pm

I do love both of those. That looks fantastic! Be sure and let us know when you get articles up so that we can go check them out!

Krystal Marra August 14, 2008 at 12:42 pm

Looks deelish!
We take Homemade Whole wheat pizza dough, carmalize some onions with a little bit of butter, garlic, hot red pepper flakes, some oregano, salt & Pepper and a sprinkle of fresh finely grated parmigiano cheese- and make onion pizza- it is so so good, I will surely have to try some goat cheese on the next pizza night!

Alisa Novak August 14, 2008 at 2:20 pm

List of ingredients doesn’t mention thyme at all but it’s included in the directions that follow?

Cate August 14, 2008 at 5:26 pm

Thanks, Jennifer!

Claire – I will. For the next few months, will be every Tuesday, but will be sure to let y’all know. :)

Krystal – you are making my mouth water. Love the crispiness that the pita gets.

Alisa – good catch! Fixed now. :)

Ashley August 17, 2008 at 1:15 pm

this sounds AWESOME!! i’m not really into tarragon – do you think something else would be a worthy substitute?

Cate August 17, 2008 at 7:06 pm

Ashley – it would be fine leaving it out, or you could add more thyme. Sage would also do well too. Hope you try them!

Rachel September 3, 2008 at 10:14 am

Thanks so much for the recipe!! I made this this past week and they were beyond delish!! Hubby HATES onions, but even he admited they were super yummy!! I couldn’t get my grill to work, so I improvised and “grilled” the pita in a large dry pan, like you would with a quesadilla. So good!!