Meet Sporty Spice

by Cate on September 24, 2008

Madeline has been working very hard the past few weeks, not content enough to know how to crawl like a champ and sit ramrod straight.  No, not her.  For the past two weeks, she’s been pulling herself up to stand, and then since last Friday, she’s been tentatively going hands-free for a moment or two.  Yesterday, when I took her to the office, she took one step on her own.  Today, two.  Every time I see her standing up, I tell her to sit down.  She’s so not listening.  Ignoring her mother now must be training for the years to come.  And now when I go to set her on the floor, she makes her legs super-stiff and won’t bend them to sit.  “I’m going to stand, darnit!”

I am so not ready for her to be walking already … only problem is, I don’t think she cares.

Two Hands

One Hand

One Step at a Time

Fussy Pants

*Disclaimer: I promise I did not torture her here. She was mad because I took away something unstable that she was using to hold herself up.  Bad mother.  Bad mother.

Shoes

Sara September 24, 2008 at 10:28 pm

Cute shoes!

Saras last blog post..Black-eyed peas in a spicy goan curry

Sarah September 24, 2008 at 10:30 pm

Too cute! Look at her go. She’s so young too. Man, it’s all gonna get harder from here, lol. I don’t want Paige to walk yet either — like she cares!

Sarahs last blog post..Extra Easy Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Bean Glaze

ttfn300 September 24, 2008 at 10:37 pm

cute shoes ;-)

ttfn300s last blog post..Acorn Squash w/Spinach and Dried Cranberries

The Sister In-Law September 25, 2008 at 6:12 am

Of course she wants to walk, she has a great outfit and shoes to show off! Too cute.

SIL

Kris September 25, 2008 at 7:59 am

Look at her! Cute outfit too!

My nephew’s daughter is 6 months old and she has decided to pull herself up on furniture so she can start following her 2 year old sister. Yikes!

pamela September 25, 2008 at 8:21 am

Great shoes, cute outfit! I love how tiny she looks standing up. When they start walking, it’s over!

pamelas last blog post..Happy Birthday, Christian!!

Darius T. Williams September 25, 2008 at 8:31 am

Way too cute…but you know, I think there’s a time when all kids ignore their mothers. I hope this doesn’t last for too long.

-DTW

Darius T. Williamss last blog post..What’s In Your Bag?

Patsy September 25, 2008 at 8:38 am

So cute! Watch out, there she goes!

Patsys last blog post..Robin Miller’s Chicken Fingers

Merry September 25, 2008 at 8:54 am

Wow! Evan is just now starting to walk & he’s 15 months old. I guess he listened when I told him that Mommy was a-okay with him waiting to walk. :) They grow up so fast!!!! She is such a cutie!

Merrys last blog post..What’s Cooking Wednesday – Smoky Turkey Shepherd’s Pie

Susan September 25, 2008 at 9:57 am

Wow. Walking at 7 months? I don’t have kids, but that seems early to me. My niece is over 1, and she’s not there yet!

Mrs Ergül September 25, 2008 at 10:49 am

Wow, what a quick learning little girl! You gotta be really proud of your little princess

Mrs Ergüls last blog post..Pan-fried Salmon on a bed of French Beans

Tonia September 25, 2008 at 11:58 am

Oh my goodness, she is so cute. I can’t believe she’s walking so early.

Be sure to enter my fall contest…

Tonias last blog post..Wordless Wednesday

Abbey September 25, 2008 at 4:04 pm

Oh Yeah, she’s totally ignoring you and going straight to walking! Just you wait! She’s gonna be doing laps around your house any day now. : )

Abbeys last blog post..Alice in Wonderland…

Madeline Miller September 26, 2008 at 10:32 am

Oooh, she is a little sporty spice! Look at her go!

Madeline Millers last blog post..It’s a Keeper: Smoky Sweet Potato Chicken Soup