Little Moments of Sunshine

by Cate on April 26, 2009

Sunday Afternoon

I love this picture. Just ignore my recycling out on the deck (photoshop anyone?). I took this picture this afternoon while the kids were just hanging out in the kitchen, enjoying the sunshine streaming in from the screen door. Madeline looking all sassy in her messy flower (that’s what it’s called) headband, momentarily forgetting that I actually put it on her head. As soon as she notices a hair clip, ponytail holder or otherwise subtle hair accessory trying to tame her wild locks, she tears it right out. This headband lasted a solid five minutes before she yanked it out.  I count that as a mini victory against the little monkey.

She spent the morning in the ER today with me, scaring me with her high fever, shakes and lethargy. She was actually the third baby in the ER this morning with the same symptoms. There’s a virus going around (the nurse mentioned it was on the news recently), and if that isn’t enough, she’s battling crazybad allergies and teeth growing in. Would it be too much to ask for her to be able to deal with one thing at a time? Poor thing.  Thankfully she’s sleeping soundly now and seems to be doing a bit better.   Kids certainly do have their own special way of aging us in a hurry, don’t they?

Claire April 27, 2009 at 12:14 am

This is a precious picture! I hope Maddie is feeling better soon. We’ve been having that going around here, too. If she doesn’t get better and starts a nasty cough might want to take her back to her pedi…but it looks like she’s already feeling better by this picture! :-)

Claires last blog post..Stuffed to the Gills! :-)

Sarah Caron April 27, 2009 at 12:56 am

I hope Miss M is feeling a lot better very soon! It is the absolute worst when they get sick. You just want to make it all better, right away.

LOVE the dress. Where’d you get it?

Sarah Carons last blog post..Fabulous Asiago Pepper Steak Fries

Joanne April 27, 2009 at 8:24 am

The picture is absolutely adorable, both of your kids are so cute! I’m pretty sure I hated headbands at that age as well, eventually my mom gave up because I kept losing them.

I’m glad to hear Madeline’s feeling better!

Patsy April 27, 2009 at 1:07 pm

that is a sweet picture! Hope she’s feeling better today! I hate when they scare us like that! We’ve been paranoid about bumped heads lately with everything in the news about head traumas… and our boys bump heads regularly!

Patsys last blog post..Smoking Chicken

Wendy April 27, 2009 at 8:22 pm

I love the picture! I hope she is feeling better soon…

Wendys last blog post..{db} “cheese”cake

Cate April 27, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Sarah – dress is from Carters – they have great sales!

Wendy – thanks!

Patsy – oh don’t get me started about bumped heads! I’m right there with you! If it’s not one thing, it’s another…

Joanne – thank you! I have all these cute little barrettes to hold back and tame that wild mop of hers, but she wants no part of it. The funny thing is after she rips them out, she hands them to me to put back in. I put back in and she rips it out. Rinse and repeat.

Claire – thanks! So far only a dry cough at night when she’s sleeping, although she didn’t have it last night. Hoping we’re through the worst of it.

Tanya May 6, 2009 at 11:06 am

Aww. So sorry to hear that. It’s so scary to see little bodies get sick!