Summer 2010 Bucket List

by Cate on June 17, 2010

Summer 2010 Bucket List

I love lists.  Lists of things to do today.  Tomorrow.  Over the weekend.  Over the summer.  Things to make for Christmas.  Just because.  Songs to download.  Errands to run.  Groceries.  I feel like my lists have lists.  But short of writing things on my hand in permanent marker (which I’m also prone to do), it’s the only way to keep organized and keep from forgetting things.

This Summer, we have a bucket list of things we want to do.  Fun we want to have.  Places we want to see.  A lot of it costs absolutely not a penny.  Some of it will cost a few bucks.  All of it will create memories.  It’s an ongoing effort, and some of it (the DC trip, for example) will carry us into just the beginning of September.  We add to it as more inspiration strikes.  And so, on this eve of Nicholas’ last day of second grade, it seems only appropriate to share our list of Things to Do Summer 2010.  We’d love to hear what’s on YOUR Summer Bucket List.  Consider this your annual official opportunity to delurk.  Go on.  I know you have it in you…

Project 365
June 17, 2010, Photo #113

Decisions, Decisions

Back in the day, you know, when I was a kid, I think there were two, maybe three, choices when it came to flavors of goldfish. Cheddar and Pizza, and perhaps one more I may have blocked out. Never was there this assortment – crazy!

Tags:

Merry120 June 18, 2010 at 12:03 am

Love your list! We have lots of things planned: camping, zoo visits, playing outside, running through the sprinklers, Evan’s birthday party, etc.

I wish we had lightning bugs here. They epitomize summer for me but unfortunately we don’t have them here.

Eliana June 18, 2010 at 2:26 am

That is one mighty fine bucket list. Can I join you and your family? For me, I don’t feel like I appreciate living in NYC, an amazing city. So this summer, I want to explore it more and see what else it has to offer in addition to my regular everyday routine. I also want to enjoy the good weather and do more outdoor exercising. Happy summer!

Joanne June 18, 2010 at 6:17 am

My mind definitely goes kind of crazy when I look at that row of goldfish! It’s mind blowing how many new ones they have.

Your list sounds awesome! I love that so many of the things cost nothing. Things on my bucket list include cooking more crazy things since I’ll have more time (hmmm maybe I’ll make a separate list to plan that), go to a beach, visit friends up in Boston, try to see my parents at least once every two weeks, and start perhaps brainstorming for a cookbook (eek can’t believe I wrote that!).

trifitmom June 18, 2010 at 8:47 am

love the idea of a summer bucket list going to start one…

i have 2 already that i might be doing with my kids next week, berry picking and sesame place

Kris #40 June 18, 2010 at 8:57 am

I love that list! So colorful.

I just downloaded list from a website the other day with 100 things to do for summer (photo opportunities). Being unemployed (and trying to stretch it through the summer) I hope to do a lot of low $$ things. Maybe visit all those historic places in Morris County that we’ve never been to.

My new favorite Goldfish flavor is Smores.

Here’s where I found my list

Ramona June 18, 2010 at 10:05 am

I make lists too. Don’t have a bucket list. It would end up being a To Do List anyway.

Luv the picture of the Gold Fish. You aren’t kidding. Didn’t know there were that many flavors available now.

Michele June 18, 2010 at 10:47 am

I am just like you when it comes to lists! There is a great feeling of accomplishment when you simply check something off your list!

I need to work on my summer list!

Sarah Caron June 18, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Great list! I plan to write ours this week, although we’ve already checked two items off: Jersey Shore and Wildwood. More to come: farmers’ market, camping in the woods, hiking, beach days, walking to an island near our beach house, riding bikes, Natural History Museum, Cape Cod … So much fun to be had!!

pamela June 19, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Love the bucket list idea! We were heading to the drive in tonight, but my boys pooped out on us early. Can’t wait to do it with them, though. Hope you guys have a wonderful summer!!

mandy June 20, 2010 at 6:25 pm

I love the idea of a summer bucket list. All of these things sound fantastic — mine includes trips to DC and Minneapolis, lots of get togethers with friends, and deck drinking while watching the sun set.

e June 23, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I made a list like this a couple of weeks ago with some help from my kids. Ours includes star gazing in the backyard, local amusement park, lakes, walking trails, camping, water park, picnics, hiking, summer reading goals, and trying different popsicle recipes and crafts like friendship bracelets.

Meg June 24, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Oh my gosh, I’m completely with you: I love lists. I have them scattered in and around everything I own, including but not limited to bathroom mirrors, my computer screen, in stacks on my desk, shoved in my purse, and written on my hand!

Definitely come see us in D.C. — we’d love to have you! :) My summer bucket list includes making it down to Solomon’s Island, a place not too far from where I live, to take pictures with my boyfriend; doing a summer photo shoot with family; celebrating my birthday in three weeks (woo!) and getting to this cool ’50′s inspired diner near town. I want to go and get ice cream there soon — and especially when it gets really, really hot!

ladybughugs July 1, 2010 at 11:19 pm

The two big ones on my list are Turtle Back Zoo and Adventure Aquarium. We went blueberry picking this week so now I have to figure out what to do with 4+ lbs of blueberries! My niece wants to go rock climbing. We have a long weekend in Maine and a week in Delaware on the calendar. reservations: check. deposits: check.

This is the first summer I haven’t worked since I turned 16 and I plan on enjoying this opportunity to spend time with my kids. Also: Toy Story 3, Karate Kid (just found out my cousin is mentioned in the “Special Thanks” credits), and Sorcerer’s Apprentice.

It’s also tradition in our house to spend a day at the shore around my birthday. Fireworks!