September 2005 Supper Club, Recipe from Julie
Makes 45 tarts.
- 3 packages (15 tarts each) prebaked frozen mini pastry shells (we used Athens Mini Fillo Shells)
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 2 cups (plus extra for garnish) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon (plus extra for garnish) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) cheesecake flavored instant pudding and pie filling
- mint leaves (for garnish)
Remove shells from freezer and let thaw for 15 minutes. In the meantime, combine pumpkin, whipped topping, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl, whisking until smooth. Add the pudding mix and whisk until smooth & thick. Spoon about 1 tbsp of filling into each of the shells (you can also pipe the filling with a pastry bag or a plastic sandwich bag with one corner snipped off), then top the tarts with whipped topping, a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, and a mint leaf.