Supper Club Recap

by Cate on March 31, 2005

Back from our March Supper Club, stuffed and tired … but well fed. As usual, great company and great food. One of the members couldn’t make it, but there was definitely no shortage of food (not that there ever is anyway …).

Offerings included:
Creamed Cauliflower with Herbed Crumb Topping
Goat Cheese Crostini with Sancerre Syrup
Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding with Butter Rum Sauce (yup, you read it right)
Carrot Salad
Wolfgang’s Favorite Chocolate Cake
Ziti and Red Pepper Macaroni and Cheese
Cucumber Power Drink
Baked Vegetable Curry
Iced Lemon Shortbread Bars
Chocolate Orange Mousse
Homemade Bagel Chips with Creamy Garlic & Vegetable Spread
Mexican Style Chickpea Salad
A shrimp dish (no copy of recipe yet – Zarina!)
and my contributions: Chocolate Yogurt Loaf, Bacon and Cheddar Deviled Eggs, Hot and Cold Sesame Noodles, Stir Fried Broccoli with Mustard Glaze, Warm Tortellini Salad with Cherry Tomatoes.

The best part of Supper Club (outside of the great company, of course) are the leftovers for lunch the next day. All the dishes were great, but my favorites were the Bagel Spread, the Goat Cheese Crostini, the Ziti, the Chocolate Mousse, the Deviled Eggs and the Hot and Cold Sesame Noodles. A lot of terrific, different recipes to add to my Tried-and-True File.

Until tomorrow…

Carrot Salad

Iced Lemon Shortbread

Creamy Garlic Vegetable Spread (Celebrity Chef – Emeril)

Baked Vegetable Curry

Creamed Cauliflower with Herbed Crumb Topping

Ziti and Red Pepper Macaroni and Cheese

Hot and Cold Sesame Noodles (Celebrity Chef – Rachael Ray)

Julie! March 31, 2005 at 1:36 pm

OK! I surrender! :)

Let me redeem myself with the recipe names:

Homemade Bagel Chips with Creamy Garlic & Vegetable Spread

Mexican-Style Chick-pea Salad

Cate March 31, 2005 at 1:57 pm

Thanks much – I’ll update the titles. :) If I remembered to grab them, I’d be having the bagel chips and spread for breakfast. :)

Jennifer March 31, 2005 at 3:55 pm

The pictures are great! It looks like everyone had a fun time cooking up these treasures.

I’m glad to see that you got Hello to finally work for you!

Cate March 31, 2005 at 4:47 pm

Thanks for your help, Jennifer … sorry I haven’t replied to your e-mail yet. It was a struggle with the pictures, believe me. I kinda fell into figuring it out … problem will now be doing it again! :)

Anna March 31, 2005 at 6:10 pm

Where did you get that chocolate yogurt loaf recipe. It sounds great!

Stephanie March 31, 2005 at 7:29 pm

All looks yummy…I really need to find myself a group and start something like this, too!

Cate March 31, 2005 at 7:40 pm

Anna – The Chocolate Yogurt Loaf was actually in someone else’s blog. First, it appeared in Sharp Cookie’s blog, and she got it from Words to Eat By (both blogs in my links). I did like the loaf, but felt it needed a dollop of whipped cream, which we happened to have, to sweeten it a bit more. Hope you like it!

Stephanie — I don’t know if you visit Cooking Light’s site or not. If you do, people post there about Supper Clubs they’re starting or when they’re looking for new members. Hope you join in on the fun!