New (to Me) Blogger on the Block #27

by Cate on June 16, 2006

Ah well, the best laid plans… I was defrosting pork chops and planned to go rifling through my cookbooks to find a new recipe to use them in, until The Husband walked in the door. Moaning that he didn’t feel good, he asked me to take him to the doctor. Two hours later, he comes out diagnosed with strep throat and an ear infection. And you KNOW how men are when they’re sick … “The sky is falling, the sky is falling.” Chicken Little, it ain’t no picnic. So needless to say, there was no rediscovering my library today.

After the doctor, we ran into Panera for take-out because it’s fast and easy and fulfilled The Husband’s pleas for soup, and Nicholas’ desire for salad (they have the best Greek Salad). Later, I ran back out to pick up his prescriptions, only to come home and find The Husband under two comforters with a sweatshirt on in 80 degree weather – ay yi yi! Hopefully the meds will kick in fast and he’ll be feeling better tomorrow, but until then I’m keeping my distance!

For tonight’s New (to Me) Blogger on the Block, I’m traveling to Chicago (hello Oprah!) by way of Fancy Toast, a very new blogger on the block. Whether it’s her Hey, Make This Salad Right Now! recommendation, her purproblem (and I see a future Weekend Dog Blogging participant there!), or her waxing rhapsodic about the beloved Ina, you’re sure to find something yummy and delectable here. She’s one to watch.

OK folks, tune in tomorrow to find out what momentous occasion is happening. Until then…

A year ago todaySex in a Pan.

Erielle June 16, 2006 at 4:10 am

Thank you so much for the kind words, Cate! Your little boy Nicholas is adorable, and I look forward to spending some more time on Sweetnicks tomorrow. Your site looks like alot of fun!

La Vida Dulce June 16, 2006 at 5:35 am

You are truly a good wife and mom! I say that because you never once mentioned what YOU had for dinner. And what a blessing to have a youngster who loves salad! My son was like that too, he even invented his own salad recipe, “The Michael Special” composed of mostly broccoli, romaine, and cherry tomatoes. He’s 25 now and if he knew I wrote this, he’d deny it! Take care and get some rest too.

Cate June 16, 2006 at 12:07 pm

No problem, Erielle. I’ll definitely be dropping by your site often. :)

La Vida – awww, you’re too sweet. I try. Definitely lucky that Nicholas will eat salad, especially since he usually shuns the vegetables on their own (although he loves raw cucumber). No complaints here. :)

Madeline June 16, 2006 at 6:43 pm

Cate – how do you find these sites? That’s a great one and was added to my favorites list. Thanks for the tip.

Claire June 16, 2006 at 9:58 pm

Although I did not have strep, I feel the pain of not feeling well and only wanting soup to eat. I just started working in a pediatric clinic and, needless to say, one of those rascals gave me a cold! Oh, well.

Claire June 16, 2006 at 9:59 pm

BTW, hope your hubby gets better soon!

emily June 17, 2006 at 2:18 am

Thanks for another great link to anew blogger.

Cate June 17, 2006 at 3:31 am

Madeline – ahhh, that’s my secret. ;) Some weeks are easier than others, that’s for sure, but there’s so many new ones popping up all the time!

Claire – hope you’re feeling better soon.

Emily – no problem. Thanks for dropping by. :)

heather June 17, 2006 at 7:35 pm

Thanks for the new site! It is definitely one worth checking out.

Randi June 17, 2006 at 9:28 pm

I have a different recipe for sex in the pan. Isnt that funny?