The Case of the Disappearing Silverware

by Cate on August 12, 2006

Scene: Sweetnicks’ Kitchen
Starring: Nicholas

We have two sets of everyday silverware. I have two because between everyday meals and entertaining, with just one set, there never seems to be enough silverware, and invariably, whatever utensil you’re looking for is in the dishwasher. But somehow, over the past few months, even with TWO sets of silverware, we were still running short on pieces.

Figuring Nicholas had carted off one or two pieces to parts unknown, I didn’t give it much thought … until I saw him clearing the table one night this week. Off went the silverware … right into the garbage can! For really casual meals or snacks, we usually use plastic silverware, and apparently, sometimes he forgets which ones go in the sink, and which ones go in the garbage can. Oooops.

Until tomorrow …

A year ago today … week in review and a disappointing dinner.

rpm August 12, 2006 at 1:38 am

He’s so cute that you can’t help but overlook that mishap! He sure is a good helper. My silverware seems to come up missing over time, too. And I don’t have any children but I do have a husband…LOL

Claire August 12, 2006 at 2:56 am

Oh, no! At least he was being such a good helper…learning to help, that is! I guess it’s a good thing that you have two sets, or else you’d be in trouble! I almost threw away a spoon the other day but caught myself!

Ellie August 12, 2006 at 6:45 am

That’s adorable! I must admit that I’ve made the same mistake once or twice whilst cleaning up after a meal…don’t think it’s nearly as cute when I do it though ;)

wheresmymind August 12, 2006 at 12:36 pm

That might be something I’d do :D

Anonymous August 12, 2006 at 2:39 pm

Aw poor Nicholas, lets give him an A for effort. He’s a great helper… my bestest cooker!
BTW his just given his Tia a great tip on a Christmas present.

The Sister In-Law

Cate August 12, 2006 at 5:45 pm

RPM – sometimes husbands are just as bad. ;)

Claire, Ellie, The Sister-in-Law – he’s DEFINITELY a great helper. We worked for 3 hours last night redoing my pantry. ;) And hey, if it wasn’t for his “ooops,” I wouldn’t have found a great new set of silverware – shiny as all get-out and a steal for $20!

aria August 12, 2006 at 9:12 pm

that so cute, hee-hee ooopsie!