I Heart Target

by Cate on September 28, 2006

I have been busy getting the house ready to put on the market, and lately I have been concentrating my efforts on staging it. I dashed off to Target the other day to get a few baskets and a wreath for the door and, while there, I couldn’t help but pass through their housewares section; I mean, really, what if they had something new that I couldn’t live without? And, of course, they did. The Neighbor Husband likes to make fun of me and my frequent Target trips, but I can’t help it if they have so much cool stuff, can I?

Isn’t that platter cool? I love how it has the built-in handles. It’s ceramic and is dishwasher, microwave and oven safe. I checked Amazon, and they have a nice oval one that the store didn’t have as well. Yeah, got that one too. But, hello? Handles! So cool. When I’m ordering online, I usually get Target stuff through Amazon, since I can check out the new cookbooks while I’m there – bonus! And, of course, on a whim, I did a search for platters to see if they had any other must-haves and found this one that I’ve been coveting ever since I saw it on Jaay’s site a few weeks ago. Yeah, I’ve got it bad, real bad. And now you can too – happy shopping!

Until tomorrow…

A year ago today … something red.

Heather September 28, 2006 at 3:03 am

I am a Target Junkie too.
I am actually hoping that when I complete my MBA to try and get a job at Target Corporate. I might as well support a company that I work for right?

patsy September 28, 2006 at 12:36 pm

I also LOVE Target (heading their on my lunch today! :) ) I can never resist hitting the housewares, and now I’ll have to look for that cool platter with the handles!

Sarah September 28, 2006 at 2:26 pm

Target sells Riedel wine glasses–4 for $40, I think. I remember buying these from Williams-Sonoma for a number of weddings and paying over $50 for two glasses! I think the Target ones are made by machine as opposed to being hand-blown, but they still have the features that make Riedel distinct: the thin lip and wine-friendly shapes. A great buy for wine lovers.

Crafty P September 28, 2006 at 8:28 pm

ahhh, Target, just the place to cheer me up!
When you posted that picture, I thought you were going to talk about the new Pampered Chef platter. Aren’t you selling PC? or is it Tupperware. I can’t recall.

Anyway, have you been to the Slave to Target blog yet? check it out

Crafty P September 28, 2006 at 8:29 pm

ahhh, Target, just the place to cheer me up!

Anyway, have you been to the Slave to Target blog yet? check it out

Cate September 29, 2006 at 2:46 am

Heather – absolutely! An an employee discount sure doesn’t hurt. ;)

Patsy – anything good?

Sarah – thanks for the tip on the wine glasses. I will definitely keep an eye out for them – I need new ones.

Crafty P – selling Tupperware and Avon, but not a lot of Pampered Chef (just a little here and there). I’ll check out the blog – thanks for the heads up.

Robyn1007 September 29, 2006 at 3:07 am

You really are just an enabler! First you send me an Avon catalog this week and now you’re posting things for me to buy at Target. I get my first paycheck in 3 months tomorrow. Must restrain!

Cate September 29, 2006 at 3:09 am

Robyn – LOL, but I’m showcasing inexpensive stuff – that’s a good thing, right? ;)

Brilynn September 29, 2006 at 4:32 pm

I love picking up new things for the kitchen!

Lulu September 30, 2006 at 6:40 pm

oh, you are making me miss target so much! i too could never enter target without having “a peep” at the kitchenware section. and, of course, i inevitably ended up splurging. luckily, i live thousands of miles away from a target now so no chance of giving in to temptations!