Wordless Wednesday

by Cate on October 6, 2010

“Madeline! I bought cupcakes for a snack!”

My Mom is the Coolest Ever

Yay! I know she was secretly thinking I’m the coolest mom ever. How could she not?

Afternoon Snack

“The vanilla one in the front is for Nick, ok?”

That Chocolate One is Mine

“And that chocolate one is mine, ok?”

“But Mommy, which one is mine?”

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcake

“This one is! This Peanut Butter & Jelly one. Doesn’t it look yummy?”

So Good

One Big Bite

Mom, You are the Best Ever

Mom, Did I Mention How Much I Love You

After she dropped the last little piece of hers on the floor, she tried to steal Nick’s before he came home from school, but I wouldn’t let her.  There would be pictures of him eating his, except he ate it so darn fast I didn’t have time to grab the camera.

Cupcakes are not exactly clean eating, are they? But every once in awhile, you need to indulge. And I did today. And then hit the gym tonight. And have gym time scheduled through next week. So I’m good.

These are stuffed cupcakes. They’re from one of my favorite cupcake shops. About thirty minutes away. The only problem? The word on the street today was that one of the local shops in town now CARRIES them. Starting today. I went down at lunch time. You know, to investigate. This is not going to be very good. Having them so close. They don’t taste like any other cupcake you’ve ever eaten. Amazingly good. So freakin’ good. And now I’m going to try and forget that I could seriously walk to the place to buy them. You know, if I wanted to.

Project 365
October 6, 2010, Photo #174

My New Lunchbag

After taking my breakfast and morning snacks to work every day in a plastic grocery bag, I decided I would opt for a slightly more stylish approach, and something decidedly less vagabond. Would love this bag even more if it was slightly bigger, but for now, I just love it period.

Joanne October 7, 2010 at 6:15 am

I definitely have those days where a cupcake is just necessary. Totally necessary. I think the best thing to do on those days is just indulge. I mean, what’s ONE cupcake once in a blue moon gonna do? Which reminds me. I really should make some PB+J cupcakes…

Love that bag! Way more stylish than paper and/or plastic. :P

Ramona October 7, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Your post reminded me to search to see if I could find a cupcake shop around here.

They look good.

Kris #40 October 7, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Ok fess up, where can I get them?

Cupcakes have been a weekly item here – I make them for the Friday night football varsity dinners – and every week try a new recipe. My Oreo ones two weeks ago got rave reviews “whoever made these cupcakes deserves a medal” was one of the comments that the moms told me was said.

This week’s flavor is Devils Food Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with (still deciding on the frosting). The test batch was a whipped cream icing – but it won’t travel well or last. I need a not so sweet buttercream since you add unbaked, eggless choc chip cookie dough to the icing.

And CUTE bag!

Meg October 7, 2010 at 1:29 pm

As a total cupcake freak, I completely understand the need to splurge on that tasty dessert every now and then! The PB&J cupcake sounds very interesting — peanut butter-flavored? I love peanut butter cookies, so that would probably be just fine by me!

Laura October 7, 2010 at 10:10 pm

where did you get that cute bag!

Cate October 8, 2010 at 7:28 am

Laura – In the Halloween section of Target. The inside has a hot pink lining, and a material that is perfect for wiping up spills.

Kris – Stuffed Cupcakes is a place in Nutley that is worth the trip for their cupcakes. A few months back, I discovered they sold their cupcakes at Corrado’s in Wayne (we still need to go!) and now Sweet Expressions downtown. :)