It’s like Ten on Tuesday. Only not.
- I was planning to tell you about a Puerto Rican Chicken recipe we had last night for dinner, only I just don’t have the brain power to write the post tonight and have it not sound like “I had a cheese sandwich.” Long-time bloggers will nod at the “cheese sandwich” reference. Just one of those weeks where I am spent.
- If you need a new exercise DVD in your home library, you still have time to enter the giveaway Eat. Live. Be. is doing on The Voice of Mom. For some reason, Bethenny Frankel’s DVD doesn’t seem to be a big draw, and for you that’s a good thing, because as of right this moment, there are only four (!!) entries and we pull a random winner tomorrow night. Go get ’em!
- I landed another freelance writing job this week, this time for the fine folks at Betty Crocker. Color me psyched! I’ll be writing for them weekly on one of their sites, all about comfort food, seasonal items and more. More details to follow.
- I have only had one Diet Coke all week. I am trying not to get my caffeine fix from Starbucks, but it hasn’t been easy. This girl needs a little extra oomph sometimes, you know?
- There are 67 days to go until Spring. But it’s not like I’m counting or anything.
- Planning has begun in earnest for Madeline’s THIRD birthday. A rainbow-themed party. Or the “happy birthday to me party,” as she calls it. I have the desserts and side dishes all worked out but am so far stumped on how I can incorporate the rainbow in a more “main” or lunchtime food. Have divine inspiration for me? Clue me in. Please.
- The master bath was (finally) painted this week. I told Sarah that it was the color of my happy place. She asked if it was sand or water. The girl knows me too well. Can’t wait to show you pictures. Once I put the artwork up. Artwork that I amassed some five years ago.
- My littlest bunny has had a terrible cough all week, but is stellar at coughing into her “wings.” She didn’t quite understand why the doctor she saw this morning didn’t ask to see her new earrings, but she did make out with two stickers, one for herself and one for Nick. She’s thoughtful like that. The doctor mentioned that it’s a sign of her awesome upbringing, which nearly made up for her being rude minutes earlier.
- Oh the stories I could tell you about some conversations I’ve had with Madeline lately, particularly the one this morning in the waiting room. They would seriously have you rolling around on the floor with tears in your eyes. Unfortunately they’re not all PG-rated. She has, however, noticed that Eli does not have boobies, but he has a butt. I’m sure he’s thankful the attention she’s paying to his body.
- TGIF. I don’t know about you, but it’s been a l-o-n-g week here and we’re all due for some weekend rejuvenation. Make every second of yours counts, because Monday comes way too quickly.
January 13, 2011, Photo #13
Our technology basket. BlackBerry charger, cell phone charger, DSi charger, camera battery charger and goodness knows what else. I was aching for a way to keep it all reasonably organized and sometimes in a mess of black cables, it’s hard to know which one goes with what. So last year, in an effort to curtail the madness, I grabbed a basket and started labeling Ziploc bags for the different things. Works like a charm.