Fifth grade soccer means one weeknight practice night. And one weeknight game night. And then Madeline’s team has one weeknight practice. And we have the occasional scout meeting or event. Or doctor’s appointment. Or, you know, life. Most soccer nights mean we don’t get back home until 7:30. Ish. And there’s a mad dash for finishing up homework bits and bobs. And baths and showers. And storybook reading. And bed.
And well, we relish those we-don’t-have-anywhere-to-be nights to the moon and back.
On soccer nights, it usually means a simple meal. Soup. Or sandwiches. Or pasta. Or leftovers. Once in awhile, it’s take-out. And Subway.
Subway is a little like fast food (in terms of the speed in which it gets into our mouths), but like, not. Because I’m of the mind that you can keep it healthy.
We choose whole wheat sub rolls. And when they ask what we want in our sub? We load up on the veggies. Big time. Crunchy bits of cucumber. Tomato slices. Spinach leaves. Not just me, but the kids too.
Fast food pretty much without the guilt. Just watch the cheese and dressings. So you don’t do yourself in.
We grabbed a Subway lunch to go before our road trip this past weekend. And because we weren’t done with soccer until after lunch, and were hitting the road right after, it was pretty perfect. Apple slices. Water bottles. Veggie-stuffed sandwiches. Truth.
This month, Subway is featuring their new Tuscan Chicken Melt sub sandwich. I got one last weekend, in between errands on a kid-free weekend, and Mystic’s daughter, Taylor, got one this weekend. But decidedly not so stuffed with veggies, because she’s slightly picky in that respect. #workinprogress
And now it’s YOUR turn to go Subway. The folks at Subway have graciously ponied up a $25 Subway gift card to one lucky Sweetnicks reader.
- PRIZE: One $25 Subway gift card
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post and tell me your favorite on-the-go healthy meal.
- FOR MORE ENTRIES: Tweet this post. Or Pin this post (you can do that by using the handy little buttons at the bottom of this post) and comment that you’ve done so. Or follow me on Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram, if you don’t already (and come back and tell me you do). Follow Subway on Twitter or “like” them on facebook and tell me so. That’s a total of 8 possible entries – go get ’em!
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 11pm EST
- WINNER ANNOUNCED: In Thursday’s post and via Twitter. If winner doesn’t respond with address info within 48 hours, a second winner will be chosen.
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- FINE PRINT: The winner will be selected using random.org.