It wouldn’t be an O’Malley Summer Bucket List if the phrase “lemonade stand” didn’t appear on it. We have been trying to have one over the last few weekends, but between a heat wave, days upon days upon days of rain (we currently have torrential downpours now, as I type this, along with a tornado watch), or sports schedules, the odds have not been in our favor. But we’re a determined bunch and it will be happening with the next two weekends.
I can almost guarantee it.
And in the meantime? We are gathering our supplies and planning our mission. And this time, we have two secret weapons in our arsenal.
1. To make sure to appeal to adults, as well as kids, we’ll be selling International Delight Iced Coffee, as well as lemonade. I know! Gettin’ fancy up in here.
2. We’ll be using these awesome lemonade stand printables that Kim from The TomKat Studio has put together. Because, really, this isn’t just your average lemonade stand.
Nick has really wanted to work this summer. For the time being, he is making rubber bracelets (that fit both kids and adults), and is donating half the proceeds to the local animal rescue group that we work with. We’re planning on doing the same thing with the lemonade stand money that the kids raise. Having a lemonade stand is a great way to give your kids an opportunity to earn a little bit of money (and, in our case, give back as well), and it’s a perfect summer rite of passage.
Because, really, what car or neighbor walking by is going to pass up two cute kids selling lemonade and iced coffee for a good cause?
I certainly wouldn’t!
A few quick tips for your OWN lemonade stand:
- Make sure to have some change available so your kids can process the transactions easily.
- Let them make the lemonade, but keep an eye on them so the end product doesn’t end up being too tart or too sweet.
- Use this link to print your very own eye-popping printables.
- Add Iced Coffee – something for everyone!
- Encourage your children to choose a local charity to give some of their profits to. It’s a simple way to be involved in your community and give back.
- Check the weather to make sure that Mother Nature is going to cooperate with your endeavors.
- You can find more tips right here.
One last thing … the folks at International Delight are have a Fourth of July #IcedCoffeeLove Twitter Sweepstakes now through July 2, and you can enter by telling us why International Delight Iced Coffee is your favorite way to cool down this summer. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Summer Cool Down pack with a cooler for International Delight, tumblers, and a $200 Visa gift card to visit the water park of their choice. Three runners up will receive free Iced Coffee.
Follow International Delight on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook.
And PS … our official Summer Bucket List is coming next week, stay tuned.
Tomorrow? One last book review for the week.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
I love the idea of letting the kiddos sell homemade lemonade! Give them a little idea of what it’s like to make money and work :)
Joanne recently posted..Recipe: Cherry Almond Muffin Waffles