All the Mexican flavors you love in a quick and easy Taco Pizza.
Being in final countdown mode when it comes to the holidays, quick and easy is the name of the game when getting dinner together. Mostly because my mind is fried with last minute gift details, holiday plans, cookie baking and delivery, and finally getting our Christmas cards out the door. If I have to think about anything else beyond that, my head just might explode. Which is how recipes like this Quick Taco Pizza come to fruition.
Because, after all, necessity is the mother of invention.
Starting with the refrigerated Pillsbury pizza crust (I have used both the regular version and the whole wheat), and add your basic taco components (seasoned ground beef, lettuce, Old El Paso salsa, shredded Kraft cheese), and you have a quick and healthy meal that is better (and cheaper!) than take-out and kid-approved. Both of my kids love tacos, but while I like them too, I don’t want to see them quite as regularly as they do. So this is the next best thing. They’re happy, I’m happy, and I can work on getting the presents wrapped in time for the big day.
If you have to rush out for last minute needs and find yourself at Target (which is pretty much where I go for one-stop shopping and a frappuccino to boot), be sure to download these coupons for your grocery items before heading off. Because saving money, especially during the holidays, is pretty much my favorite way to shop.
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
- 1 package Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/4 lb ground beef
- 1 package Old El Paso original taco seasoning
- shredded lettuce (just a handful is perfect)
- 3-4 tablespoons of Old El Paso salsa
- 1/4 cup Kraft shredded Cheddar cheese, more as desired
- Preheat oven and prepare the pizza crust, following the package instructions. While the crust is prebaking, put the ground beef in a pan on medium heat, breaking it up. Once the beef has browned, drain the grease from the pan. Add 1/4 cup water and the taco seasoning package. Mix thoroughly, return to the heat, and allow the beef to cook for another 3-4 minutes as the sauce thickens. Spread the beef on the prebaked crust and pop it back in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven and add the shredded lettuce, salsa, and the cheese. Return to the oven until the cheese has melted and the crust has browned, approximately 5-7 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
* Swap out the Cheddar and use Mexican or Monterey Jack cheese. * Add drizzles of sour cream, chopped green chiles, or diced avocado for extra flavor.
*I was compensated for creating this recipe through my work with Old El Paso and Kraft. Thank you for supporting the brands that help support my family.