I have often remarked, especially lately, that I don’t need to put on any perfume before leaving the house because I can just absorb the fumes left by my overzealous children in their application of cologne and perfume.
A few years ago, the subject of boys, particularly pre-teens, and their hygiene came up. When is the right time for deodorant? Which brand is the right one? The right time was then, and we have been slowly making our way through the brands to find the right one.
You know … the kind that doesn’t overpower, ahem, the ladies and just smells … well, clean.
Which pretty much means that when I heard about the new Old Spice Re-fresh Spray, it sounded perfect for this awkward age of not quite a boy, not quite a man.
And sometimes overzealous fingers.
Old Spice feels like it’s been around forever, likely because it has been. When I was a late teenager, I remember buying cologne for my then-boyfriend and passing right by Old Spice without so much of a second glance. Because I didn’t want my boyfriend smelling like my Dad.
Happily now a million years later, this is not my Dad’s Old Spice. Re-energized with new scents that are perfect for a fresh and clean scent as opposed to something that smacks of come hither, this is perfect for my pre-teen. Because there will be no come hither in my household.
Mama is not ready.
The fine folks at Old Spice have a giveaway kit for one lucky Sweetnicks’ reader. The “Smellcome to Manhood” kit comes in a “tool kit” type container and includes the following tools a guy needs as he transitions to manhood:
- Old Spice Re-fresh Body Spray – “Scent Responsibly” and smell like a man, not a middle school locker room.
- Old Spice Branded Earbuds – James Blunt never sounded so manly.
- “Over the Top” DVD – Dominate at arm wrestling like Lincoln Hawk, without having to go to truck driving school.
- Duct Tape – Fix anything on the planet.
- Old Spice Branded Wood Flash Drive – Important Old Spice files everyone should memorize (Old Spice “Scent Responsibly” education video, Informational Infographic, Fact Sheet, etc.)
- Art of Manliness Book – Becoming a man is an art and a science. It was much safer to send a paperback book than a Bunson Burner.
- Smellcome to Manhood Certificate – A made-up diploma to add to your LinkedIn profile
- Bonus! Old Spice Hair Product – Guys who use Old Spice Hair product just seem to do better in life. Don’t you want to do better in life?
To enter, just two quick steps.
1. Comment below sharing your favorite pre-teen memory (either of your own pre-teen years or that of your child’s) and
2. Follow me on Instagram (if you don’t already). I’m cateomalley.
3. Bonus entry if you tweet this giveaway on Twitter (tag me at @cateomalley).
Entries will be accepted until 5 pm EST on Friday, March 28th, at which point a winner will be chosen by random.org and notified. Good luck.
This review and giveaway was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Old Spice. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.