1. Homemade Rice-A-Roni, 2. Vanilla Salted Peanut Cookies, 3. Homemade Spinach Pesto – Take 2, 4. Homemade Irish Cheddar and Ale Pub Spread, 5. Stack of Rainbow Pancakes, 6. Chocolate-Cherry Heart Smart Cookies, 7. Super Wedge Salad, 8. Mmmm Bacon, 9. Cate’s Colcannon, 10. Make This
In February I made 19 new recipes, and set a goal for myself for 23 in March. I made 29, and am pretty stoked about that. Although truth be told, I actually thought my goal was 30, until I looked it up, which would have seriously disappointed me given how close I was, so that makes me even happier. What can I say, folks, it’s all about the simple things in life for me. Alright, here’s the recap what came out of our kitchen this month:
- Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies SCGC via David Lebowitz (reviewed here)
- Bleu Cheese and Caramelized Onion Savory Bread Puddings – my favorite recipe of the month (reviewed here)
- Super Wedge Salad – from Rachael Ray’s magazine, a great go-to salad for crazy weeknights (reviewed here)
- Beth’s Famous Hummus – haven’t reviewed it yet, but coming soon
- Beth’s South Beach Balsamic Dressing – haven’t reviewed it yet, but coming soon
- Chocolate Espresso Bars – from Tasty Kitchen (reviewed here)
- Lemon Garlic Cubed Steak – an original recipe from me, reviewing coming soon
- Mashed Potatoes with Saga Bleu and Caramelized Onions and Cabbage, otherwise known as Cate’s Colcannon – I created this recipe for an article I wrote for Disney, which you can find here
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars – recipe from Tasty Kitchen, review coming soon
- Christina Tosi’s Compost Cookies – I made a knock-off recipe of these here, but this version was her original recipe. Hate to say it, but I think I prefer the copycat version.
- Chipotle Bean Burritos – a Cooking Light magazine recipe, review coming soon
- Mason Jar Frappuccinos – a recipe from Tasty Kitchen, a great knock-off to your Starbucks favorite, review coming soon
- Engagement Chicken – Glamour magazine, review coming
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Chile – Martha Stewart recipe, great tasty lunch
- Baked Fennel Parmesan with Thyme – Martha Stewart recipe, an interesting take on a different way to enjoy fennel
- Fettuccine all’Alfredo – from Rachael Ray, review coming soon
- Chocolate Cherry Heart Smart Cookies – a hit with the guys in prison (review here)
- Rainbow Pancakes – perfect sleepover over, you can read all about it here
- Pesto Tortellini Salad – recipe from Multiply Delicious, review coming
- Chicken Salad with Herbed Mustard Vinaigrette – recipe from Multiply Delicious, review coming
- Homemade Irish Cheddar and Ale Pub Spread – recipe from Shop Rite cooking class (review here)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies – Martha Stewart. Amazing batter. Review coming.
- Chocolate Sour Cream Cake – Better Baking cookbook. FAIL. Miserably. Barely worth this line entry.
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage – Food Network magazine recipe, review coming.
- Vanilla Salted Peanut Cookies – recipe from Ultimate Cookies magazine. Second sweet reward for the guys that Jamie is teaching. Nick loved. Review coming.
- Deliciously Homemade Granola Bars – recipe from MomAdvice. Review coming.
- Homemade Rice-A-Roni – a recipe from Chaos in the Kitchen. Loved it. Review here.
- Homemade Spinach Pesto– packed with veggie goodness, a recipe I createde up, coming soon.
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks – a Rocco DiSpirito from his new cookbook Now Eat This. Review coming.
Gosh, with all the times I typed “review coming” above, can you tell I’m seriously behind in telling you about recipes? Seems a little worse this month than last, but I’m slowly making my way through the backlog. If there is one above that catches your eye more than another, let me know via a comment below and I’ll try and put it on the top of the list. In the meantime, new month, new goal. Shooting for 30. I think I can. I think I can.
If you are celebrating Easter this weekend, from our family to yours, have a happy one! Until Sunday…
Got these shoes a few weeks ago and love them, love them, love. They are from American Eagle, though I found them at Payless for the bargain price of $12.99. Similar to ballet flat-type shoes, they feel like you’re wearing nothing at all. They have a pink/grey pair that I keep debating about going back to get.