Remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned cooking with Country Crock? I finally did it. Broke down and used Country Crock for something besides spreading onto my warm toast (which it is still totally awesome for, btw).
I ended up going with a recipe straight from Country Crock themselves, namely their Cheddar Broccoli and Chicken Casserole. Broccoli is one of a handful of green vegetables that my kids clamor for. Nick will eat it raw with dip, and they both can’t get enough of it when it’s roasted. So when I saw this easy recipe combining broccoli with chicken and cheese (more kid-approved ingredients), I was in.
Especially since I happened to have all the ingredients on hand already.
And that it’s basically a two-pot dinner, thereby not destroying your kitchen terribly. And a casserole with cheese? Puh-leeze. It’s got my name written all over it. Comfort food, thy name is casserole.
So the verdict? Really good. Simple to make. And another great way to use Country Crock (which has a whopping 70% less saturated fat than butter!), thereby breaking me out of my just-spread-on-toast rut.
Thank you and amen.
PRIZE: One $50 gift card to Wal-Mart
TO ENTER: Leave a comment and share your favorite summer recipe
FOR MORE ENTRIES: Tweet this post. Or Pin this post and comment that you’ve done so. Or follow me on Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram, if you don’t already (and come back and tell me you do).
GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Monday, June 24, 2013 at 11:59 pm EST
WINNER ANNOUNCED: In an upcoming post and via Twitter. If winner doesn’t respond with address info within 48 hours, a second winner will be chosen.
NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
FINE PRINT: The winner will be selected using random.org.
Cheddar Broccoli & Chicken Casserole
Recipe courtesy of Country Crock
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups vegetablessuch as broccoli florets and red bell peppers
- 2 1/4 cups finely shredded low fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°. Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet and saute broccoli and red bell pepper until crisp tender. Whisk milk and flour in large bowl. Add chicken, cooked vegetables, 2 cups cheese, and onion powder; toss to mix. Pour into 8-in. baking dish.
- Combine panko crumbs, remaining 1 tablespoon Spread and remaining 1/4 cup cheese in small cup. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crumbs are golden and mixture is bubbly around edges.
*Recipe and pictures are courtesy of Country Crock. They have tons of other recipes – go on and find the perfect one to fit YOUR needs.
Cooking your favorite recipes using Unilever buttery spreads is a deliciously smart move. With 0g trans fats per serving, less saturated fat and fewer calories than butter, cholesterol-free spreads are a better option.
Visit itisgoodtoknow.com for more information and recipe ideas now!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Unilever.